** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Nor should they.  However, they must know he eventually moves onto a power 5 gig.  I would guess Tennessee makes a major push for him.  Whether it's here or not remains to be seen, but Frost's tenure at UCF will come to an end either this year or next.

I haven't heard much conference expansion chatter recently but if UCF is seriously being considered, that could change things. Frost would not look good in orange so I'm not too worried about the Vols. Think pumpkin.

10 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

Can't take NFL performance as an equivalent to CFB performance.  Dolphins fans are not fond of Nick Saban either.

Don't think Chip's coming here anyway.

My beef with him isn't even the performance, although he was atrocious in the NFL.

He's just a weird dude. Very socially awkward. Was always kind of a pretentious d*#$ to the media in Philly. Lost his locker room relatively early. Even had some of the black players hinting at some subtle racism there. I don't know if I buy that, but I absolutely believe he struggled tremendously to relate to his players. His personality would go over horribly in Lincoln. At least Leach would be funny.

He also drove out the best talent on the team (Shady, DJax, Maclin) for whatever reason. That to me smacks of poor judgment.

But ultimately, with Kelly, his system is god. He elevates it above all & thinks as long as he gets guys that execute his system well, their relative talent isn't as important & he can let guys like that walk. It's why he was a huge flop in the NFL.

I agree, he's probably (hopefully) not coming here. Just not a road we need to go down.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Pfft.  I reckon your success is just a matter of luck and falling into favorable circumstances.  Probably not even an average coach but just have good assistants.  Blowing out a bunch of cupcakes in that joke of a conference is supposed to impress?  Yep, doubtful that you could make the Huskers as successful as UCF.  If you could do that then I'd say you're a good coach.  I dare you to try.... unless you're chicken... OK, I double dare you.

I see what you did there

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Where did you get that picture of Frosty in your avatar? 

I’m actually from 2020. Scott Frost was hired by Nebraska in 2017. We just won a national championship. I’m just ahead of the curve.

Actually, a friend of mine posted it on Facebook. I assume he just photoshopped it.

7 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

I’m actually from 2020. Scott Frost was hired by Nebraska in 2017. We just won a national championship. I’m just ahead of the curve.

Actually, a friend of mine posted it on Facebook. I assume he just photoshopped it.

Nah, that's from me from HuskerBoard from a few years ago. Crappy photoshop, I spent less than five minutes on it.  I'll see if I can find the original when I get home if you want a better copy.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Those who want Frost need to hope and pray that UCF goes undefeated and/or makes a New Years 6 bowl as that's the ceiling for Group of 5 teams.  Anything short of that gives UCF some extra leverage in trying to convince Frost to stay and complete 'unfinished business'.

Also, message board Husker fans will freak out if they lose a game with a bunch of "I told you he wasn't our best option."  That's kind of what we are known for now. 

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Was Frost publicly named for consideration by sports sites or interviewed for the Oregon job when it was opened last year?

Or Purdue?

Or Minnesota?

Or Baylor?

Or LSU?

Or Cal?

He took himself out of the running early:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-oregon-mike-bianchi-1202-20161201-column.html

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Was Frost publicly named for consideration by sports sites or interviewed for the Oregon job when it was opened last year?

Or Purdue?

Or Minnesota?

Or Baylor?

Or LSU?

Or Cal?

I don't think so, but he's in year 2 of a successful run at a place that went 0-fer the year before.  That will get their attention.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Todd McShay said on the Ryan Russilo show that he thinks Frost stays at UCF.

Yeah, and the AD was said to be between Long, the guy at Iowa State and the guy at Oregon. When they say something is to happen, and you bet the opposite, you will be right more often than they are. So thank you, Todd, now I have even more confident of Frost coming to Nebraska. 

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

There are several people on here that claim we should have hired him 3 years ago.  Yet no attention last year.

We should have hired him 3 years ago.  And I already explained why there was no attention last year.  He was finishing up a brilliant turnaround in his 1st year at UCF, but it was still a 6-6 season.  And then he came out and said he was NOT leaving UCF after only one year, even if Phil Knight offered him $8million.