** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

We should have hired him 3 years ago.

In hindsight, we absolutely should have hired him three years ago. Absolutely. Almost painful to think about how much better that probably would have been.

But again...three years ago his resume wasn't even better than Bo's was in 2007 when Osborne brought Bo in. It just wasn't. I'm not saying that a comparison to Bo's resume is any kind of extremely important benchmark but there honestly wasn't any indication three years ago that he was ready to take over one of the most storied programs in college football history even though he is Scott Frost.

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Eh, Todd McShay generally doesn't know his a-hole from his elbow, though. 

Exactly. Todd McShay isn't paid to be accurate, he's paid to be interesting. He'll say whatever will be the most provocative and draw the most attention, with only a wink and a nod paid to accuracy.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Exactly. Todd McShay isn't paid to be accurate, he's paid to be interesting. He'll say whatever will be the most provocative and draw the most attention, with only a wink and a nod paid to accuracy.

And he's probably still more accurate than he is interesting.

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I can't remember who posted it, but someone said probably the best strategy: have TO call him and ask. If he turns Tom down, then we know it was never meant to be. 

They'll just start talking about corn yields and we won't get this done in time. We need to send someone from outside the state of Nebraska.

• Plus1 3

35 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I also have to laugh at their attempt to raise money and hope people will spend money each month to this fund. They only get around 30k people that go to a game and their stadium need major repairs. 

It seems like buying tickets to the games would both show support and raise money at the same time.   Hmmmm.

They should ask that each week fans donate money in exchange for a piece of paper that allows them to come and watch a game.  Then they could have other fundraisers, like charge for parking, and sell food and drinks.  It's a novel idea and just could work to keep the coaching staff there.

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Undone said:

In hindsight, we absolutely should have hired him three years ago. Absolutely. Almost painful to think about how much better that probably would have been.

But again...three years ago his resume wasn't even better than Bo's was in 2007 when Osborne brought Bo in. It just wasn't. I'm not saying that a comparison to Bo's resume is any kind of extremely important benchmark but there honestly wasn't any indication three years ago that he was ready to take over one of the most storied programs in college football history even though he is Scott Frost.

Three years ago, his resume was a helluva lot better than Riley's.

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Are you going to be OK if we hire Frost?  

Just a friendly tip.  Don't make this conversation about the person you're talking to. Make it about the subject at hand.

Refrain from "you" posts.  Those get interpreted as personal, and if it becomes a heated discussion, it can be interpreted as a personal attack, and then there's all sorts of trouble. Dogs and cats, living together. Mass hysteria.

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Three years ago, his resume was a helluva lot better than Riley's.

I don't know that this would be accurate - but - I totally agree that I would love to build a time machine and have taken Frost over Riley, knowing what we know now.