** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

He makes $1.7 million now.  Who's going to bother packing the house up without a raise?  The last time I bothered to move for a job to another state I was offered enough to make it worth the hassle. 

Scott Frost makes close enough to Mike Riley's pay as millionaires go.  What's a couple hundred thousand here and there once you get close to the $2 million mark.

He likely wouldn't be offered less than Riley's $2.7 million if others are interested.  With extra incentives it could have an upside of around $3.5 million give or take.  Base will go up depending on the season finish and other schools looking.  His stock could totally crash if he looses a couple.  This month will totally determine the salary potential of both Frost and Riley.

I'd actually go up to $5 million. 

Just now, knapplc said:

I'm here if you want to talk.

That mustered a much needed laugh. Thank you. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Let's say UCF does go undefeated, do you really think the committee is going to put them in over a one loss Georgia, one loss Big Ten team/Wisconsin, one loss Clemson, one loss Big XII champ?  This assumes Bama is undefeated.

That's my argument... We agree that there are more than 3 (also assuming 'Bama goes undefeated) 1-loss P5 teams that will get the nod over and undefeated UCF... Georgia, TCU, Okla., OSU, Penn St., Clemson, Wash. & USC might still be in the hunt.

I guess we just have differing opinions on whether Frost would be acknowledge that going undefeated and getting an invite to a New-Years Bowl is the peak for UCF. I'm not 100% convinced either way, tbh; was just throwing out the question.

Just now, Red_Payne said:

That's my argument... We agree that there are more than 3 (also assuming 'Bama goes undefeated) 1-loss P5 teams that will get the nod over and undefeated UCF... Georgia, TCU, Okla., OSU, Penn St., Clemson, Wash. & USC might still be in the hunt.

I guess we just have differing opinions on whether Frost would be acknowledge that going undefeated and getting an invite to a New-Years Bowl is the peak for UCF. I'm not 100% convinced either way, tbh; was just throwing out the question.

No worries at all.  My point is simply that the way the current CFP is setup teams from the G5 have almost zero chance at getting into the playoff.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

And its not like they decided to have a kid when he became a head coach....oh, wait.....

So head coaches can have children? 

"jessica" knows all about Scott and Scott's wife's plans for a family. 

Simply amazing.

6 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I would start a 5m for base. 

Would you start at $5M for a base for any other coaches, jessica?

15 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'd actually go up to $5 million. 

I was just researching that.  Riley could make over $3 million extra in bonuses if he could win a national championship, $1 million for winning the B1G, $200,000 to win the West, etc..  But he'll struggle to get the $150,000 in bowl appearance bonus this year.  Good thing we structured his salary based on success on the field or we'd be shelling out a lot more money.

Offer $2.7-3 million base, up the salary of all the assistants, and give them the upside to over double their income each year by winning.  Seems like that would draw in a motivated coach. Not sure why it's not working now.  :blink:

Edited by InOmaha
13 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

I was just researching that.  Riley could make over $3 million extra in bonuses if he could win a national championship, $1 million for winning the B1G, $200,000 to win the West, etc..  But he'll struggle to get the $150,000 in bowl appearance bonus this year.  Good thing we structured his salary based on success on the field or we'd be shelling out a lot more money.

Offer $2.7-3 million base, up the salary of all the assistants, and give them the upside to over double their income each year by winning.  Seems like that would draw in a motivated coach. Not sure why it's not working now.  :blink:

With as hot of a candidate as he's going to be, and as many disadvantages Nebraska has to, say, a Tennessee or UCLA or Florida or Texas A&M, you do what you have to to go get him. Start high, throw in the incentives, and have Dr. Tom deliver it on a silver platter. If he can say no to $5 million, plus another million for winning the B1G, all while turning down one of his personal heroes for the opportunity to coach at his alma mater in his home state, then it's never meant to be. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Are we going to recruit Scott all over again?  Start the conversation with Mr. Moos, send him a bunch of hype videos and offer him an Official Visit, then send Dr. Tom to talk to Scott's parents and close the deal?

He'll just run off to California. Kids...

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are we going to recruit Scott all over again?  Start the conversation with Mr. Moos, send him a bunch of hype videos and offer him an Official Visit, then send Dr. Tom to talk to Scott's parents and close the deal?

Don't forget the Adidas bagman. 

• Plus1 1