** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

32 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

No worries at all.  My point is simply that the way the current CFP is setup teams from the G5 have almost zero chance at getting into the playoff.  

Basically, they need a couple 2 loss P5 champs.   We're barely halfway through the season and we've already had lots of upsets.  I don't think I'm going too far out on the limb if I predict that at least two of the P5 championship games have at least one 2 loss team playing.  If those teams win . . .

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm not against hiring him.  I just think there is an unhealthy lovefest going on about him right now.  It's one of those, "Be careful what you wish for." type things for me.

I'm trying to temper my expectations and be a little more objective about what might happen. 

If he is the target, I hope Moos does everything he can to try to eliminate him as a candidate and not go in guns blazing only to realize we were bidding only against ourselves.

And what if Moos goes and hires someone else?  This fan base won't even give the new coach a chance unless it's Saban, Urb, or Dabo, or someone like that.

Then there is the other side of the coin that he turns us down.  How low would the program look if we couldn't bring the prodigal son home?

I would just rather temper the expectations for now.

It would look pretty darn low.  However, I'm not sure it would look any lower than if we bring in a Dan Mullen or Bert type coach.  I highly doubt we'll ever know if Frost turns us down.  Some/a lot of us will assume he did if we announce a new coach with a 50-60% winning percentage.  Almost all will assume he turned us down if our new coach was previously a coordinator.   

3 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Basically, they need a couple 2 loss P5 champs.   We're barely halfway through the season and we've already had lots of upsets.  I don't think I'm going too far out on the limb if I predict that at least two of the P5 championship games have at least one 2 loss team playing.  If those teams win . . .

Why 2 losses? A 2 loss Ohio St would still get the nod over any undefeated G5 school, for example.

I put the scenario above that shows what it takes to neutralize the SOS argument that holds these G5 schools back. None of those schools is close to that scenario. 

9 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

It would look pretty darn low.  However, I'm not sure it would look any lower than if we bring in a Dan Mullen or Bert type coach.  I highly doubt we'll ever know if Frost turns us down.  Some/a lot of us will assume he did if we announce a new coach with a 50-60% winning percentage.  Almost all will assume he turned us down if our new coach was previously a coordinator.   

Absolutely no to Mullen and Bert!

My prefs:

1-Frost

2-Navy HC, Hawaiin name

3-Maybe the ISU coach, wait and see

4-Would consider Paul Johnson

Edited by Big Red Commie

33 minutes ago, Big Red Commie said:

Absolutely no to Mullen and Bert!

My prefs:

1-Frost

2-Navy HC, Hawaiin name

3-Maybe the ISU coach, wait and see

4-Would consider Paul Johnson

If you are going to have a top 5 of coaches you want to be at Nebraska.  At least do them the courtesy of learning their name.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Id personally like to hire "Army Head Coach" from NCAA 13. He lead Army to 8 straight National Titles in dynasty mode. Legend.

Wow.  That’s pretty impressive.  Were all his players 7 feet tall and 99 overall too?

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Are we going to recruit Scott all over again?  Start the conversation with Mr. Moos, send him a bunch of hype videos and offer him an Official Visit, then send Dr. Tom to talk to Scott's parents and close the deal?

After watching his practice video, I wonder if he could change his name to Frosty Scott and get 4 more years of eligibility?  We would literally have our coach on the field.