** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

If we end up in a coaching search at the end of this year, here's my rankings:

1. Bob Stoops

2. Gary Patterson

3. David Shaw

4. Scott Frost

While the first 3 are very unlikely options, they're the 3 guys you need to call and make them say no before going after Frost. 

If you want a spread offense guy, I think Frost is the top option over Leach and Kelly. This is due to the fact Frost has Neb ties, incorporates more power run concepts that the other two and is a younger, more likely better recruiting option.

After looking at Riley's incentives I'm more baffled he won't do what it takes to win more.  Urban will step on Nebraska's necks, break every tradition we hold dear, go for it on 4th and 10 up by 45, go up in the stands and slap their mommas, and not even bother to look at who he's playing because it doesn't matter who it is.  We are in the way of his playoff payday.  Nothing personal, but he needed 60+ points.

Half that drive and we'd win the west without losing our values.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

After looking at Riley's incentives I'm more baffled he won't do what it takes to win more.  Urban will step on Nebraska's necks, break every tradition we hold dear, go for it on 4th and 10 up by 45, go up in the stands and slap their mommas, and not even bother to look at who he's playing because it doesn't matter who it is.  We are in the way of his playoff payday.  Nothing personal, but he needed 60+ points.

Half that drive and we'd win the west without losing our values.

when you have been coaching for 30 years and many of those years are head coaching pay you already have millions in the bank, what is a few hundred thousand more? Either work really really hard to try and get $500,000 more in your bank account that probably already holds millions, or coast through the end of your career still making a couple million win or lose.

I"m all in favor of pumping the brakes on the "Frost or no one" train, but at the same time, I think he'd be a good selection.  I'm not a coaching guru, but I'm betting there are others that would be good too.  

Is it far off base to assume that someone from the University, or boosters, or who ever, has made at least initial contact with Frost's folks to start feeling things out?  I understand and admire him if he doesn't want to stir things up before his season is complete, but I'd sure like to think that the conversations are already going on at some level, just so we aren't on the dock watching the boat sail away, never having a chance to buy a ticket.

• Plus1 2

And if Coach Frost doesn't give a strong yes, fly down to Orlando and not return until he is signed. I don't give a flying f if it looks desperate, its about doing what it takes to get what you want. Michgian literally decided to forgo an entire recruiting class just to land Harbaugh and broke out the checkbook to get it done. They waited for weeks to get the deal done and didn't let one recruiting class impact their choice. 

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

And if Coach Frost doesn't give a strong yes, fly dLown to Orlando and not return until he is signed. I don't give a flying f if it looks desperate, its about doing what it takes to get what you want. Michgian literally decided to forgo an entire recruiting class just to land Harbaugh and broke out the checkbook to get it done. They waited for weeks to get the deal done and didn't let one recruiting class impact their choice. 

Love it! I agree with this. Just go all N!

I am amazed that people still actually believe that Mike Riley knows how to win. It has nothing to do with drive...he simply is not capable of outsmarting his opponents. He is a 0.500 coach for a reason. That is all he is capable of at all levels. You can give him the Alabama team and he will manage to lose half his games. It has nothing to do with him not caring about the extra money he will get if he wins. He simply DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WIN. It will be a frosty day in hell before Mike Riley wins any championship of any kind. May be a participation trophy!

End the experiment soon...and bring a YOUNG committed coach with husker pride to turn the ship around. I have no doubt in my mind that Scott Frost will be the next Tom Osborne. The more time we waste, the worse are our chances in landing him.

Bob Stoops is burned out...we need someone who is excited about coaching at Nebraska and not a burned out coach who comes out of early retirement.

8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

And if Coach Frost doesn't give a strong yes, fly down to Orlando and not return until he is signed

If you knew Frost as well as you pretend, and based on your posts I have serious doubts, you'd know he's not one to be strong armed into a decision. 

13 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am amazed that people still actually believe that Mike Riley knows how to win. It has nothing to do with drive...he simply is not capable of outsmarting his opponents. He is a 0.500 coach for a reason. That is all he is capable of at all levels. You can give him the Alabama team and he will manage to lose half his games. It has nothing to do with him not caring about the extra money he will get if he wins. He simply DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WIN. It will be a frosty day in hell before Mike Riley wins any championship of any kind. May be a participation trophy!

End the experiment soon...and bring a YOUNG committed coach with husker pride to turn the ship around. I have no doubt in my mind that Scott Frost will be the next Tom Osborne. The more time we waste, the worse are our chances in landing him.

Thank you for this wonderful example of the literary device hyperbole. I quite enjoyed it. 

• Plus1 2