** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, River-runner said:

UCF has a great passing game......but they ran today against Navy.....was this a bid by Frost for the hearts and minds of the Nebraska fans?

Haha ... you really think this is why he ran the ball? Wow some fans are just delusional at this point to try and find any reason to justify why they believe Frost's dream job is Nebraska. Get real. 

• Plus1 1

Sorry JJ, but what the hell are you talking about? First of all, obviously, the rationale for Frost is that he's the best option when you combine the factors of potential, results, and the "realisticness" of coaches coming here. He's the best option by a long shot. Why? His resume is almost picture perfect w/ success and growth, he's young, would publicly get a ton of attention and praise, is a former player, and has the closest you can get to a "sure bet" as far as his resume goes.

Second of all, when you're an AAC school with an AAC budget, history, facilities, and name recognition, then you compete on that level. He's dominating that level. Did anyone doubt Chris Petersen was an amazing coach because Boise wasn't the caliber of a traditional blue blood? He's currently maximizing the potential of that program, (thus far) more than anyone else in history ever has.

Third of all, what's the problem with his style of offense? I mean the results of his offense obviously work (#4, #4, #5 national ranks in PPG in his three years as Oregon's OC, #1 in the nation at UCF this year), and he runs a balanced, power spread. Again, even if you just happen to really personally enjoy the triple option or something, what's the issue when all of the data points say that Frost's offensive scheme is elite and incredibly successful?

Edited by Landlord
  • Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

He's gone regardless, a new AD wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to be gone. And anyone who marks any game on our schedule as a for sure W from here on out needs to go get a C.T. Scan immediately. I see no game that we for sure win from here on out. PSU is going to absolutely destroy us. 

So, let me get this straight... It's not ok to mark a for sure W from here on out but it's ok to mark a for sure L? Let's go get a C.T. scan together!

Edited by FTW

8 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Sorry JJ, but what the hell are you talking about? First of all, obviously, the rationale for Frost is that he's the best option when you combine the factors of potential, results, and the "realisticness" of coaches coming here. He's the best option by a long shot. Why? His resume is almost picture perfect w/ success and growth, he's young, would publicly get a ton of attention and praise, is a former player, and has the closest you can get to a "sure bet" as far as his resume goes.

Second of all, when you're an AAC school with an AAC budget, history, facilities, and name recognition, then you compete on that level. He's dominating that level. Did anyone doubt Chris Petersen was an amazing coach because Boise wasn't the caliber of a traditional blue blood? He's currently maximizing the potential of that program, (thus far) more than anyone else in history ever has.

Third of all, what's the problem with his style of offense? I mean the results of his offense obviously work (#4, #4, #5 national ranks in PPG in his three years as Oregon's OC, #1 in the nation at UCF this year), and he runs a balanced, power spread.

I think it's because he has a vertical passing game and that scares the old ones. Anyone who wants to see their offense at their best should watch the 4th Quarter of that game. I really like how balanced they are. You need that in today's game.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, FTW said:

I think it's because he has a vertical passing game and that scares the old ones. Anyone who wants to see their offense at their best should watch the 4th Quarter of that game. I really like how balanced they are. You need that in today's game.

If someone thinks another offense is more appealing compared to UCF's, perhaps Navy's offense, you have to consider that Frost is quite familiar with that type of offense (as well as others) yet he chose the offense that UCF runs.  I guess you would have to believe that Frost doesn't know what he is doing while having one of the top offenses in the nation.  This type of knowledge makes Frost unique and a desirable hire for Nebraska.

37 minutes ago, FTW said:

So, let me get this straight... It's not ok to mark a for sure W from here on out but it's ok to mark a for sure L? Let's go get a C.T. scan together!

You're going to sit there and tell me we have a realistic chance to beat Penn State with a straight face? I highly doubt that...............Barkley might have a career day with our defense. 

All the other games are in no way a for sure W like I said. Doesn't mean those are a for sure L either. With the way we're playing I don't see how anyone would favor us in any game from here on out.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

UCF is a mid-major themselves, with mid-major athletes, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  And it was a 0-12 team when he took over.  The turnaround has been nothing short of astonishing.

And no, I don't want to see Riley's Huskers playing the likes of UCF or Navy. 

This is exactly the conversation I had watching this game!  Watching UCF and Navy talking about how both could hand this Riley coached team their @$$.

I see some much on field player leadership in every game I watch.  We need to build a culture here, not a recruiting class.  Build a culture and everything else will follow.

25 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

You're going to sit there and tell me we have a realistic chance to beat Penn State with a straight face? I highly doubt that...............Barkley might have a career day with our defense. 

All the other games are in no way a for sure W like I said. Doesn't mean those are a for sure L either. With the way we're playing I don't see how anyone would favor us in any game from here on out.  

You never know. The PSU game could be the upset of the year. Are the odds in our favor? Of course not. Maybe a light comes on and the defense figures things out. It's why they play the games on the field and you take one game at a time. We'll find out what kind of resolve this team has, if any, by the time the Purdue game is over.

I think the Purdue game will define Riley's era but most will look back at Northern Illinois, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. You win against Purdue and you have momentum and could finish realistically at 4-1 for the remainder of the year. Where Callahan failed when he had 5 games left after the Okie St. loss, Riley might succeed. Either way, you've got to root for the team no matter the odds. What else have we got?

Edited by FTW

1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Currently, NU is 65 in the ESPN power index with .1% chance to win out......Our percentages going forward are best against North Western at 39%.....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=158&year=2017

Upsetting PSU, whom ESPN gives us a 3.3% chance to win might be the biggest upset of the year....

*UCF worst percentage is against SMU at only a 71.6% chance to win.....

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

UCF is a mid-major themselves, with mid-major athletes, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.  And it was a 0-12 team when he took over.  The turnaround has been nothing short of astonishing.

And no, I don't want to see Riley's Huskers playing the likes of UCF or Navy. 

I'd stop a long ways from astonishing. Remarkable maybe. Wow.