** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

The thing is they can make a move but the timing that move will unfold would be the same as if they would have waited until the end of the year to fire McElwain. I just don't see the difference when you can talk to other coaches through their agents and say we will fire our guy the day before you are willing to publicly accept our offer.

Sure but it takes out rumors and speculation.  UF can now begin their search in a very public way.  Look how our own fan base was torn last night.  People were glad we won but feared success might keep the current HC.  Florida does not need to deal with that now.  

• Plus1 7

10 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Must be a lot going on behind the scenes. If Riley had that McElwain's record he wouldn't be fired this year.

I think they go after Chip Kelly, he seems like a decent fit there. I think Frost doesn't want to go there.

I think that is a very real possibility.  They could hire Kelly early and Florida HS speed would bode well in his offense. 

4 minutes ago, Sparker said:

The difference is now it's a done deal. Winning out can't save his job. If Riley wins out, he's coming back... if we fired him after one of these atrocious losses, we guarantee a change.

Riley isn't coming back especially after Florida doing this 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Sparker said:

It certainly seems that way... unless he wins out, which he wont...

Even then I think the only situation he stays is if Frost, Campbell and others turn us down or go elsewhere. If we are left between hiring Jay Long from Chadron State or keeping Riley we will likely stick with Riley so we can try again next year but I think we can get someone this year even if that isn't Frost. 

I am freaking out about this Florida firing deal. It sounds like Frost is going to be getting some calls. I hope all our assumptions are true and Scott will wait for Nebraska to make a move. .... I hate the gators so much.... The crap they pulled on Mcelwaine, at least Nebraska would give frost patience. 

10 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I am freaking out about this Florida firing deal. It sounds like Frost is going to be getting some calls. I hope all our assumptions are true and Scott will wait for Nebraska to make a move. .... I hate the gators so much.... The crap they pulled on Mcelwaine, at least Nebraska would give frost patience. 

Word around town is Mike Norvell is their top guy 

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/924424525009350656

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Damon Benning made comments about most of the stuff said in this article on his radio show this past week.  Benning became fairly close to Frost in '95 and '96, and said that Frost had a difficult time adjusting to NU and how most of the defense treated him like crap in his redshirt season of '95.

I thought that D treated every offensive player like crap regardless if what team they played for :D

46 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

If he mislead the media about not only his safety, but that of players/students, and then he failed to cooperate with the university on the exact details, that lawsuit will not go very far.  Not that I know the full story, by any means. 

So many people say Nebraska cannot hire a top coach because we fire coaches too quickly. By that reasoning, how can Florida hire anyone when they fire a coach who won the division two years in a row mid-season, and do it with cause the coach does not get paid. I don't see the problem getting fired from Nebraska. All of our ex coaches are sitting sound cashing fat checks for years. I would love to be an ex Nebraska HC.

• Plus1 1