** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

So many people say Nebraska cannot hire a top coach because we fire coaches too quickly. By that reasoning, how can Florida hire anyone when they fire a coach who won the division two years in a row mid-season, and do it with cause the coach does not get paid. I don't see the problem getting fired from Nebraska. All of our ex coaches are sitting sound cashing fat checks for years. I would love to be an ex Nebraska HC.

And they fired Muschamp after 4 years and he had  divisional title to show for it. Granted he had a rough 3 other years but still, the entire time Muschamp was there it felt like his seat was warm.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

So many people say Nebraska cannot hire a top coach because we fire coaches too quickly. By that reasoning, how can Florida hire anyone when they fire a coach who won the division two years in a row mid-season, and do it with cause the coach does not get paid. I don't see the problem getting fired from Nebraska. All of our ex coaches are sitting sound cashing fat checks for years. I would love to be an ex Nebraska HC.

What Florida did with JM is unconscionable.  He had taken them to SEC championships in his only two years at the school. Nebraska gave every clown ample time to at least see what direction this was going. 

We need to force MR to retire but honor his contract. Announce publicly that he is out at the end of the year. Everyone cheers like mad for Nebraska. The players try their hardest to send MR out a winner, and there are no worries about MR being here next year.

Edited by MichiganDad3
  • Plus1 8
3 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

They (UF) has the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country and will shell out as much money as necessary.  They will not have any problems getting one of their top choices.  I am not saying that will be SF, but getting rid of McElwaine will not be a hinderance.  You have to have a big ego to be a HC in big time college football.  They all always feel that "I can do better than he did."  

6 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

We need to force MR to retire but honor his contract. Announce publicly that he is out at the end of the year. Everyone cheers like mad for Nebraska. The players try their hardest to send MR out a winner, and there are no worried about MR being here next year.

That would be ideal....easier said than done though I would imagine 

9 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

We need to force MR to retire but honor his contract. Announce publicly that he is out at the end of the year. Everyone cheers like mad for Nebraska. The players try their hardest to send MR out a winner, and there are no worried about MR being here next year.

I really do not see that happening. We will pay him regardless. 

I'd love to have Scott come here.  I like to believe that Nebraska, as well as any other team looking for a new coach has already made contact at some level with Frost's people.  As such, I don't think the timing on this fire by Florida has much effect on where Frost goes (if he goes anywhere).  I'm just not sure how so many people all seem 100% convinced that Frost is just waiting for a call from Moos so he can accept.  I know nothing about the whole AD/Coaching dynamics, but I have a gut feeling we have less than a 50% chance that Frost is our coach next year.  I'd love for him to come here, but I am not stuck on him being the only choice that will ever be able to fix things with the Huskers.

5 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I know what you said, but why would he do that?  HE knows he is getting his money and everyone in the world would know it really was a termination.  Unrealistic. 

I am suggesting that MR is officially fired, and he gets all of his money. The firing is effective at the end of the season, but is announced now as a retirement. If MR is such a nice guy, he should go along with this. It doesn't cost him any money, and all the speculation is over.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I am suggesting that MR is officially fired, and he gets all of his money. The firing is effective at the end of the season, but is announced now as a retirement. If MR is such a nice guy, he should go along with this. It doesn't cost him any money, and all the speculation is over.

I know someone brought this up in some thread, somewhere.  Do we have to  fire Riley and then pay him to do nothing, or can we "reassign" him to a non-coaching position.  He keeps his pay and visits high schools, kisses babies or what ever.  He's not fired, so he can't take another job without quitting.  Seems crazy for sure, but I was just wondering.

2 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

You're basically firing a guy and then asking him to work for you even though he's getting that money either way.

Everybody relax. Firing their coach mid-season may actually work against Florida. Let this play out, and if Frost is unable/unwilling to wait until the season is over for us to announce Riley is fired, then he probably wasn't coming to Nebraska anyway.

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

I know someone brought this up in some thread, somewhere.  Do we have to  fire Riley and then pay him to do nothing, or can we "reassign" him to a non-coaching position.  He keeps his pay and visits high schools, kisses babies or what ever.  He's not fired, so he can't take another job without quitting.  Seems crazy for sure, but I was just wondering.

Depends on his contract, so I don't think we can figure it out unless somebody leaks the contract.

• Plus1 1