** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Do you guys remember a sluffer called Tom Osborne.  He only wanted to help kids grow, play football and win games.  Wasn't looking to move on until the fans about drove him away.  I don't think he was ever paid any where near the top.  That is why I believer his protege, his son like player, just maybe the same type of person.  Everything is not about the money.  It is the goal you set.  Wins are nice, and we all want them, but knowing you are doing a good job, young men like Coach Frost idolize what you have done for them is far more valuable in the long run to some people.  Not the norm I grant you.

I don't see Fitzgerald ever leaving NW until he is asked to leave.  He gives everything he has and deals with a different athlete, IE Stanford, Vanderbilt, Boston College level players.  Harder to find.  They normally qualify, but a lot of development normally.  Making the man out of the boy.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, neepster said:

Even ESPN is against us...  recommending SF for Florida... above Mullen and Chip Kelly....

http://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/21211691/who-florida-gators-hire-replace-jim-mcelwain

This is an insider story so not everyone can read it but still...

Big talk by people who have NO control over the situation. And when has ESPN been a fan of Nebraska football?

• Plus1 1

Do we really think SF would want to come to this dumpster fire here?  And, if he did, how long and patient would we really be?  Can we wait 4-6 years for a BCS game?  Now, if we could get Saban Type (dream, I know)... do we think it would take 4-6 years to be in a BCS game? My thoughts, SF 4-6 years - Saban  Type 2-3 years...so, since our ticket sales are at risk, the brand is watered down, tv people are starting to dislike us...we are hemmoraging $$$-- so, to address an original post on another thread-- if we are spending $5-8 million, would SF be the best coach for the $$$?

21 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Who are these Saban Type coaches you speak of?  Urb? Dabo? Stoops? Tressel? Jimbo? Miles?

Yep (remove Miles IMHO)--- resurrect Devaney's ghost for all I care... I am most concerned about our base being patient.  Doyon think it will take SF longer than those mentioned above, and when we get down to it, is $6 million much more (reference to our loss revenue for stinking these last 3 years0 than $8-9 million to raise expectations on a quality coach?

19 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Yep (remove Miles IMHO)--- resurrect Devaney's ghost for all I care...

There's quite a few bible thumpers that would have problems with this...especially if it were successful...

...though, ironically enough, they'd probably have more of a problem with his ghost drinking and carousing more than the fact that he was resurrected. :cheers

:dunno

58 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Do we really think SF would want to come to this dumpster fire here?  And, if he did, how long and patient would we really be?  Can we wait 4-6 years for a BCS game?  Now, if we could get Saban Type (dream, I know)... do we think it would take 4-6 years to be in a BCS game? My thoughts, SF 4-6 years - Saban  Type 2-3 years...so, since our ticket sales are at risk, the brand is watered down, tv people are starting to dislike us...we are hemmoraging $$$-- so, to address an original post on another thread-- if we are spending $5-8 million, would SF be the best coach for the $$$?

I can only speak for myself, but I would give SF 4-6 years in a heart beat....as long as we were showing improvement on the field. Hell, at the beginning of this year I was still wanting to give Riley 3 more.... then he completely fell off the deep end. 

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I would give SF 4-6 years in a heart beat....as long as we were showing improvement on the field. Hell, at the beginning of this year I was still wanting to give Riley 3 more.... then he completely fell off the deep end. 

I think everyone would agree with this.  Steady improvement is the key.  Being competitive and not getting blown out.  Initially, win the games you "should" be competitive in the others.  No reason as the top "star" team in the West we struggle.  We are the 4th-5th best overall in the B1G.  

IMHO, Riley was doomed when he brought his band of merry men from OSU and thought they could make a difference.  Hell, the man even bought back his old OC that HE took overplay calling duties for.  Through in the average fan realizing the guy can't manage a game, our OL coach in Cav is horrible at best and it sets him up for failure and fans realizing you can give him 10 years and we'd just be the Nebraska State Beavers....

The Admn gave Bo 7 years.  I think Frost will get more.  I simply look at his success, all be it in the AAC, where he has turned around a program, does more with less and has a competent staff that's been with him a while in various pieces and parts...

We might go crazy and drop $7 million and see if Stoops comes back.  Or more on a guy like Dabo....I doubt it, but I didn't think we'd ever pay a guy $840k to be a DC either....

I really think if Frost is the best fit (coach we can get by search, committee, Moos etc) he will again be pacing the sidelines of NU.

• Plus1 5

I truly believe we will lose the Scott Frost sweepstakes.   Inability to strike while the iron is hot will doom us to  another year of milk toast mike.  

You can’t fire a coach mid season??   Florida just did and guarantee you they are looking hard at frost or chip Kelly. 

The impressive win win we had vs the mighty Purdue boilermakers is surely enough justification to keep nice mike right???   Right???  

I don’t wish it to be true.  But if Frost gets taken before end of year.  We will get nice mike year 4. And what an impressive year it will be (sarcasm included)

may at god bless us if that happens.  We might not win 4 games.  I truly hope to be wrong, but only time will tell.  And time is a factor my friends.  Mark my words

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads