** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I seriously don't get how people think Riley gets another year in any scenario. Be more confident that if we fail to get Frost, it doesn't mean their aren't any other candidates that can turn this around. The Frost or bust  mentality really isn't reasonable. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I seriously don't get how people think Riley gets another year in any scenario. Be more confident that if we fail to get Frost, it doesn't mean their aren't any other candidates that can turn this around. The Frost or bust  mentality really isn't reasonable. 

Nebraska fans are unique for one but for another will this University finally either a) truly hire a 'good' coach regardless of experience i/e not make a crappy hire or b) truly open up the financial coffers to be able to compete with other schools to hire an actual 'good' coach?  History has proven they have NOT been able to do either after Osborne retired.

Moos will either be loved or hated when it is all said and done.  This much I know.

On 10/28/2017 at 8:18 AM, FlipPhone said:

Get the players you can, coach them up, and scheme based on the talent you have.  That's what he's done.  His low ranked classes would kick our butts, in all likelihood.

Perhaps.  But he won't be coaching against Nebraska if he's coaching Nebraska.  What he won't do, is kick the butts of Ohio St, Penn St, and Wisconsin.  That is what we need to worry about

On 10/28/2017 at 8:18 AM, FlipPhone said:

Get the players you can, coach them up, and scheme based on the talent you have.  That's what he's done.  His low ranked classes would kick our butts, in all likelihood.

Perhaps.  But he won't be coaching against Nebraska if he's coaching Nebraska.  What he won't do, is kick the butts of Ohio St, Penn St, and Wisconsin.  That is what we need to worry about

1 hour ago, lo country said:

I think everyone would agree with this.  Steady improvement is the key.  Being competitive and not getting blown out.  Initially, win the games you "should" be competitive in the others.  No reason as the top "star" team in the West we struggle.  We are the 4th-5th best overall in the B1G.  

IMHO, Riley was doomed when he brought his band of merry men from OSU and thought they could make a difference.  Hell, the man even bought back his old OC that HE took overplay calling duties for.  Through in the average fan realizing the guy can't manage a game, our OL coach in Cav is horrible at best and it sets him up for failure and fans realizing you can give him 10 years and we'd just be the Nebraska State Beavers....

The Admn gave Bo 7 years.  I think Frost will get more.  I simply look at his success, all be it in the AAC, where he has turned around a program, does more with less and has a competent staff that's been with him a while in various pieces and parts...

We might go crazy and drop $7 million and see if Stoops comes back.  Or more on a guy like Dabo....I doubt it, but I didn't think we'd ever pay a guy $840k to be a DC either....

I really think if Frost is the best fit (coach we can get by search, committee, Moos etc) he will again be pacing the sidelines of NU.

Riley dug a hole too deep to climb out of, no matter how quickly you fire them, the day he made his initial hires.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Do we really think SF would want to come to this dumpster fire here?  And, if he did, how long and patient would we really be?  Can we wait 4-6 years for a BCS game?  Now, if we could get Saban Type (dream, I know)... do we think it would take 4-6 years to be in a BCS game? My thoughts, SF 4-6 years - Saban  Type 2-3 years...so, since our ticket sales are at risk, the brand is watered down, tv people are starting to dislike us...we are hemmoraging $$$-- so, to address an original post on another thread-- if we are spending $5-8 million, would SF be the best coach for the $$$?

Absolutely! Most every post regarding Scott has been positive. We CAN afford him. You forget he is a favored son and Husker Nation wants him to come home!  Frankly I’m surprised you asked this question considering the response Scott has received and he hasn’t even been offered the job yet!