** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

17 minutes ago, np_husker said:

Not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here.  Nick Bahe interviewed Moos today and I thought Moos was quite positive on Scott Frost.

This is a must listen.  Man I love Bill Moos.  What he said about PSU and other top programs that had down years is spot freaking on!  Also said he is doing year round coaching searches just in case, for every sport.  This is a guy that just gets "it" and we are lucky to have him on our side!

Bull Moose's statement on Scott Frost, from the Nick Bahe interview. 

Really interesting phrase here, "The only thing that he was missing, back then, in my opinion, was ctually being a head college coach and all the other responsibilities and obligations that come with that, and he has handled that superbly, from afar, as I look at it." 

Well, he isn't missing that now....  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 3

15 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

This is a must listen.  Man I love Bill Moos.  What he said about PSU and other top programs that had down years is spot freaking on!  Also said he is doing year round coaching searches just in case, for every sport.  This is a guy that just gets "it" and we are lucky to have him on our side!

He is a grizzled veteran that knows what Nebraska wants and needs.

At the end of the interview, after talking about the banged up OL, Moos said, "We have some really good players here."  I get that point.  If this is his view ... then certainly the coaching staff is getting less out of the players then their potential.  I think this is very true on the OL.  In three years of coaching the OL, we have not seen that area get much deeper then "one deep".  

Taking MR out of the equation ... one has to have a coach where a system is in place so that in year three your players have worked into the system in a capacity to function.  It seems that we can't perform anymore then "one deep" at almost every position.  Any business with sort of depth simply cannot function with any type of consistency in that state of development.  This has been the biggest area of the MR era that has concerned me.  This was suppose to be the year we saw it.  With the schedule we have next year ... his current "system", method and philosophy looks to get simply blowout. 

We have been weighed.  We have been measured.  We have been found ... wanting!!

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Bull Moose's statement on Scott Frost, from the Nick Bahe interview. 

Really interesting phrase here, "The only thing that he was missing, back then, in my opinion, was ctually being a head college coach and all the other responsibilities and obligations that come with that, and he has handled that superbly, from afar, as I look at it." 

Well, he isn't missing that now....  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That’s what Mr. Moos was inferring. That Scott now, being a head coach has been able to handle the head coaching responsibilities superbly as Mr. Mois has viewed Scott from afar. Or am I reading that totally wrong?

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, FlipPhone said:

What is the team's identity on O/D?  I was just thinking that yesterday.  I dont think they have one, personally.  They haven't done any one thing particularly well.  New coach, whether it's Frost or some other dude, will (hopefully) GIVE them an identity -- mold the guys into something.  It will take time, but i think we understand that.  Focusing on fundamentals first will be the key to start the engine.

Can Dazed and Confused be an identity?

Edited by adc7236