** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

26 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I use Twitter to follow sports news, anyone else's stomach turn in nervousness every time they open it up in worry you'll see: BREAKING: Florida Gators hire Scott Frost as head coach.

I'm more nervous of checking my twitter and it says: BREAKING: Nebraska has retained Mike Riley for the 2018 season.

• Plus1 8

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

We can only judge UCF by the teams they have played against and the results against those teams.  They have done a very good/great job of going out and winning those games by wide margins (except for Navy, which by 10 is still a good win on the road).  Playing at SMU this week will be a good test for UCF.

They were something like 8-4, 10-2, and 12-1 the three years proceeding the coach quitting on them.  Scott came into a talented bunch I think.  It wasn't like UCF was perennial door mat.

Need to look deeper at the situation.  He had done a great job.  But he did not raise the Titanic either.

Sorry meant to quote someone else and it took Colorado Post.  Not to great at operating these fancy new things yet.

Edited by skersfan

51 minutes ago, fire mike said:

While I am on board for the Frost hire, one thing that has been rubbing me the wrong way is that everyone seems to think that UCF was a dumpster fire prior to his arrival. Yes, the team went 0-12 in 2015, but I really think that was an anomaly and not the norm. The previous years they were:

'14: 9-4

'13: 12-1

'12: 10-4

'11:5-7

'10: 11-3

I still think Frost is a fantastic coach and we should've hired him back in 2014.

Under O'Leary they had 5 losing seasons and 7 8+ win seasons. So I wouldn't call that drop off an anomaly.

You guys need to listen carefully... What I know is, Riley is gone after this season. Moos' interviews are little clues for you guys. Does he need to spell it out for you? I can confidently say, not one of you are as close to this situation as I am. You guys have to let Riley finish his career before be retires and stop worrying Scott Frost is going to Florida, or Tennessee or UCLA or any Power 5 school for that matter. You have to be aware and acknowledge, there ARE those of us who ARE close to former players, coaches, and also the current AD that roam this board. 

And we know some things, we just can't spill all the damn beans out to you. All I can say is, the fan base has to chill out those who are pro Scott and those who are anti Riley. There are things happening that many of you don't understand and how the process works.

• Plus1 4
32 minutes ago, FTW said:

You guys need to listen carefully... What I know is, Riley is gone after this season. Moos' interviews are little clues for you guys. Does he need to spell it out for you? I can confidently say, not one of you are as close to this situation as I am. You guys have to let Riley finish his career before be retires and stop worrying Scott Frost is going to Florida, or Tennessee or UCLA or any Power 5 school for that matter. You have to be aware and acknowledge, there ARE those of us who ARE close to former players, coaches, and also the current AD that roam this board. 

And we know some things, we just can't spill all the damn beans out to you. All I can say is, the fan base has to chill out those who are pro Scott and those who are anti Riley. There are things happening that many of you don't understand and how the process works.

So your saying Frost is going to A&M?;)

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, famoustitles said:

I want Frost to be our next coach. 

And seeing the absolute meltdown Florida’s message boards would have would be awesome. Florida’s 247 board might be more in love with frost than Husker fans are. 

Its hard for me to believe Florida fans would freak out. I mean, maybe its naive for me to believe most of them our knowledgeable, but if so, they'd have to know Frost is from Nebraska besides also playing for the home state university. It would be akin to Husker fans freaking out if we wanted Spurrier in 1990, but didn't get him because he chose Florida. Doubtful Florida fans love Frost more than Husker fans.

Edited by hskrpwr13
  • Plus1 1