** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Florida won’t go after Chip Kelly because SEC administration apparently does not want to bring in a coach with previous NCAA violations.

I believe the school would need to go to the SEC commish and get it approved if they would want to hire a coach with previous NCAA violations. 

14 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

While I have no idea who will be Florida's next coach, I did read the other day that when Mullen was at Florida he didn't exactly get along with the administration.  I also read that the general assumption is that Florida will not go after another coach that isn't coaching a power 5 already which throws out both Frost and Norvell.  The name this article kept dropping was Chip Kelly.

Different administration in Florida now; the AD was actually Mullen's AD at Mississippi State. 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Hopefully they go after Mullen. 

I hope they do also, but I'm not real sure why he'd take the job.  He hasn't exactly lit Miss State on fire.  He typically lands top 25 recruiting classes, yet his teams rarely end the season ranked in the top 25.  Therefore, the expectations must be somewhat low at Miss State.  His base salary there is around 4.5 million.  He makes just a bit more than what Florida was paying McElwain.  I'm sure Florida would give him a nice raise.  However, it's another one of those one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.  He makes big money now at a program that doesn't have very high expectations.  He can continue to ride that wave making big money.  If he goes to Florida, he might make more money for a few years and then be out of a job.  It seems to me he'd be committing employment suicide by taking the Florida job. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, Dan Mullen is 6-30 against Top 25 opponents, one of the worst  % among active coaches.

What's to love about that? 

I believe we've already fired multiple coaches with Dan Mullen type records. 

I think we're beyond talking those who wanted him here out of wanting him here.  Now, we're down to hoping/praying/begging/etc. Florida offers him and he goes there over Florida offering Frost and he goes there.  I just can't see it from Mullen's point of view why he'd want to take the Florida job.