** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

I will. Smart young adults (recruits) know exactly what that slogan has stood for and spreading that stupid slogan and trying to merge it with our football team and university to try and promote the progression of our team is an asinine. And joking or not, people read this stuff and not too smart for even mentioning it. Dude thinks he has the capability of knowing who the next head coach should be, but wants to make a dumb comment like that.... smh

You're replying to HuskerMan as if he is the one suggesting these shirts be made, like the idea for creating them is originating with him...it isn't, the shirts already exist.  It seems he is literally asking who is selling the shirts on the Facebook Marketplace.

Granted, I'm sure realizing the shirts actually exist might be even worse to you, but it seems the venom here is a bit misplaced.   

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Bad2theBONES said:

I will. Smart young adults (recruits) know exactly what that slogan has stood for and spreading that stupid slogan and trying to merge it with our football team and university to try and promote the progression of our team is an asinine. And joking or not, people read this stuff and not too smart for even mentioning it. Dude thinks he has the capability of knowing who the next head coach should be, but wants to make a dumb comment like that.... smh

Oh shut up and get a sense of humor 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Jesus just calm down.  Go back and read my post.  Someone (that isn't me) already has the shirts out there.  I simply asked, mainly as a joke if it was someone here.

P.S. I'm sorry your candidate lost and your still hung up on it.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

rumors are floating that moos told riley before the purdue game he needs to finish 4-1 to keep his job.

that might explain why the coaches were so happy after the game.

Hope that stays a rumor.  however, if Scott says he needs one more year at UCF would we keep Riley just for continuity's sake (and to keep recruits?). Would that appease Husker Nation?  I found this article interesting. If it's already been posted on this thread I apologize. By the way who/what is landof10?

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-mailbag-mike-riley-retained

14 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Hope that stays a rumor.  however, if Scott says he needs one more year at UCF would we keep Riley just for continuity's sake (and to keep recruits?). Would that appease Husker Nation?  I found this article interesting. If it's already been posted on this thread I apologize. By the way who/what is landof10?

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-mailbag-mike-riley-retained

If Riley stays, the whole O staff would be gone.  

That contract would have to be inked and locked i.e. Win, lose or draw Riley is gone and Frost is in.

As far as recruiting, the craptastic weekly display killed it.  Out of the 10 remaining guys, we only gave 1 OL., 1DT and 2 DE's......For a game won in the trenches, we seem to be oblivious to this...

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

rumors are floating that moos told riley before the purdue game he needs to finish 4-1 to keep his job.

If thats true, which its not, and we go 4-1 and he is retained, 2018 offseason and season will be the worst Ive ever experienced as a husker fan. There will be no excitement from me as a fan. Our schedule is brutal and the writing is on the wall. I would want that season to end so fast and by that time we probably would have missed our window of opportunity with Frost. And I dont even want to think about what Memorial Stadium will be like if he is retained. 

• Plus1 6
6 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

Here's what Osborne told Callahan when he was sitting at 4-4 like Riley is this week:

When I took this position, I had the feeling that the coaches wanted to have some bench marks so they could have some idea as to what they had to do. At that point we were 4-4 and I told them if you win the next four games, then you go 8-4 and there is no question that things are going to be fine. On the other hand, if you win three out of four and play well, I think we can maybe make it work. I can’t promise you, but I think we can make it work. If it’s two out of four, then you break even and we haven’t had many break even seasons around here. So if you have a losing season, I don’t think this will work. So the parameters were fairly clearly spelled out. It isn’t just a matter of wins and losses; it’s how you do it. If you lose by a field goal and play well, that’s a little bit different than getting blown out three or four times. I tried to make sure that they completely understood.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1325873