** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Theres no way its true though right?

I have no idea.  A lot of crazy rumors swirling around.  I would have to ASSume that Moos knows if Riley will stay or go.  I don't think the final record will be a determine factor.  With that in mind, I can imagine there has been some back channel stuff between the University and Frost or maybe someone else that Moos has as his number 1 choice.  Go agent to agent, gauge interest.  Kind of like Bo never "applying" for any of the other openings.  I'm sure he didn't.  His agent inquired on his behalf. The whole plausible deniability thing......

In Moos' comments, he did say the day of committees and taking forever are over.  Basically see coach, get coach mentality. I like that.  I think that when Solich was fired, they had no plan, had made no inquiries and we ended up with Cally.  SE went all Lone Wolf Mquade and we got Riley.....Moos said he would look at the last transition and see what happened.  Seems like he has a clear cut and definitive plan on how the search/hiring will take place (if there is one).  IMHO, if there is a hire, it will be one that the majority of fans will like.... (At least I'm hoping that)

Just now, runningblind said:

Maul it over? Is he a hyena? chuckleshuffle

The dingo ate your baby......

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I have no idea.  A lot of crazy rumors swirling around.  I would have to ASSume that Moos knows if Riley will stay or go.  I don't think the final record will be a determine factor.  With that in mind, I can imagine there has been some back channel stuff between the University and Frost or maybe someone else that Moos has as his number 1 choice.  Go agent to agent, gauge interest.  Kind of like Bo never "applying" for any of the other openings.  I'm sure he didn't.  His agent inquired on his behalf. The whole plausible deniability thing......

In Moos' comments, he did say the day of committees and taking forever are over.  Basically see coach, get coach mentality. I like that.  I think that when Solich was fired, they had no plan, had made no inquiries and we ended up with Cally.  SE went all Lone Wolf Mquade and we got Riley.....Moos said he would look at the last transition and see what happened.  Seems like he has a clear cut and definitive plan on how the search/hiring will take place (if there is one).  IMHO, if there is a hire, it will be one that the majority of fans will like.... (At least I'm hoping that)

I'm watching the Memphis-Tuksa game and the announcer started talking about the situation in Florida.  While both Scott and Matt Campbell were on the list they were talking up Dan Mullen. Chip Kelly was on the list too.  I would think that Florida would put their money on a veteran coach like Mullen or Chip Kelly vs Scott or Matt. 

I'm you, lo country, I think it will be a hire the majority of the fans will like as well.  Hope so!

43 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

sigh.. another month of fake news..  I really should just tune this thread out, but I like watching fire.

I imagine that when the dust settles you'll find a lot of truthful information was shared. A few "respectable" posters have been some of the members that have shared some of the behind the scenes happenings. 

Like someone posted somewhere on here, even say Riley finishes off the year with a 4-1 record, and that gets him to be retained for next year, I wont be all that excited for the 2018 season. heck, at this point Riley could win out and I wouldn't be all that excited for next year. I mean the most exciting thing in Riley's tenure at Nebraska has been this potential talk of Frost coming to be the head coach.

• Plus1 7

Great article on Frost.  Amazing what he accomplished at UCF from the taking over the 0-12 team until now....His numbers are impressive as is his ability to flat out develop a QB....

And record or not, if he finishes no. 1 Milton will be the third different QB coached by Scott Frost to lead the nation in efficiency in the past four years:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/scott-frost-heir-apparent-florida-nebraska-tennessee/

He had my vote. Even more so now.........

• Plus1 4