** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

When he does take the job, and I think he will, I wonder how long this board will remain patient.  This has to be the longest thread in this board's history.  Any discussion about Husker football is nearly entirely focused on the next coach and has been for almost the whole season.  The play on the field has just become an endless supply of bullets to justify the change.  I get it.  What I am now wondering is how long before the first anti-Frost post appears.  A casual bystander after reading this board would think he would get 5 years before being questioned.  I wonder.  This will not be a quick fix.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

When he does take the job, and I think he will, I wonder how long this board will remain patient.  This has to be the longest thread in this board's history.  Any discussion about Husker football is nearly entirely focused on the next coach and has been for almost the whole season.  The play on the field has just become an endless supply of bullets to justify the change.  I get it.  What I am now wondering is how long before the first anti-Frost post appears.  A casual bystander after reading this board would think he would get 5 years before being questioned.  I wonder.  This will not be a quick fix.  

Get him hired NOW, fire him in January so we can get a big jump on everyone else that will be searching next year.  Amirite????

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I might be the only one that likes your B.S./inside sources, whatever it is. Some enthusiasm, whether false, is nice around here. Let's goooo.

It's kind of nonsensical to criticize the credibility of anyone posting information in this thread*. Everything is just rumor until something is announced officially.  Without rumors this thread would be empty.

*For speculation purposes only.

1 hour ago, Herbie Husker said:

I was thinking about this last night as I was trying to sleep but I can't remember for the life of me if there's ever been such a head coaching candidate that the fan base would get behind like Frost AND the administration has been open about their gushing feelings for the man. 

It gives me the sense that they're zeroed in on SF.

In my lifetime, Bo would probably come the closest. 

Finally some info from the most reliable insider on the message boards for TN football. This guy is the most legit insider for TN forums by far. His post is below my comments. 

Patterson - don't see it happening. 

Gruden - Well, I guess they are pushing for it. The owner of the Browns is letting him use his private jet moving forward from today and through next week as needed. That is not normal for how they do things (the owner and Gruden). Taggart? Would be surprised but not shocked. Durkin? I guess if they fail to land others. 

Just_a_vol (247 insider): The next coach will be one of - Gruden Mullen Patterson Taggart Frost Durkin

9 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Finally some info from the most reliable insider on the message boards for TN football. This guy is the most legit insider for TN forums by far. His post is below my comments. 

Gruden - Well, I guess they are pushing for it. The owner of the Browns is letting him use his private jet moving forward from today and through next week as needed. That is not normal for how they do things (the owner and Gruden). Taggart? Would be surprised but not shocked. Durkin? I guess if they fail to land others. 

Just_a_vol (247 insider): The next coach will be one of - Gruden Mullen Patterson Taggart Frost Durkin

If I were to put money on the table for who TN hires, I would put money on it being Mullen. 

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

He sure went out on a limb there... 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

If I were to put money on the table for who TN hires, I would put money on it being Mullen. 

Can you explain the Dan Mullen pick for me?  He just signed a contract extension in February and is making top 15 money.  His buyout is probably over $10 million.  How much do you think Tennessee would be willing to pay him on top of the $14+ million they have to buy out their current coaches at?  Top 5 money?

4 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

Can you explain the Dan Mullen pick for me?  He just signed a contract extension in February and is making top 15 money.  His buyout is probably over $10 million.  How much do you think Tennessee would be willing to pay him on top of the $14+ million they have to buy out their current coaches at?  Top 5 money?

His agent is trying to push him to TN.