** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

His agent also represents the coach of TN, that seems odd...

There are a lot of agents that specialize in college football and NFL coaches.  Not any different than representing numerous athletes.  It's actually very helpful for coaches finding jobs.  For example, if I call an agent asking about Coach A, that agent may say "Coach A isn't really interested, but I represent Coach B and Coach C, what do you think about those guys."

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

When he does take the job, and I think he will, I wonder how long this board will remain patient.  This has to be the longest thread in this board's history.  Any discussion about Husker football is nearly entirely focused on the next coach and has been for almost the whole season.  The play on the field has just become an endless supply of bullets to justify the change.  I get it.  What I am now wondering is how long before the first anti-Frost post appears.  A casual bystander after reading this board would think he would get 5 years before being questioned.  I wonder.  This will not be a quick fix.  

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There are a lot of agents that specialize in college football and NFL coaches.  Not any different than representing numerous athletes.  It's actually very helpful for coaches finding jobs.  For example, if I call an agent asking about Coach A, that agent may say "Coach A isn't really interested, but I represent Coach B and Coach C, what do you think about those guys."

I understand that, but why wouldn't he just steer Mullen to Florida though?  There was already an article published about how Sexton negotiated the buyout for McElwain lower because he wanted to be on the good side of Florida for future negotiations.  I understand there is work being done behind the scenes, but why 'push out' a current client from a job when you also know you will have to negotiate a lower buyout for him so the school can afford to buyout Mullen's contract?  

And in that case, why would Mississippi State negotiate to lower their buyout at all for Mullen to leave to go to Tennessee?  They just extended him in February and are 7-2.  

It just doesn't add up.

4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Can someone give me the steps for how to post a tweet correctly? 

On the top right of the tweet, click the arrow. The option to copy link to tweet will be provided, click that. Then paste the copied link into the post and it should automatically embed the tweet

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

So, the sign you were looking for?

Exactly. A weekish earlier than I would have guessed. 

Bob Stoops we heard about already through Steve Spurrier's loud mouth. A bit surprised Chip Kelly is on the list, but if UCLA opens, I see him taking that job over Florida. Charlie? Yeesh, not the best coach around, but hard to beat his Florida connections. 

5 minutes ago, worldsworstoutdoorsman said:

I understand that, but why wouldn't he just steer Mullen to Florida though?  There was already an article published about how Sexton negotiated the buyout for McElwain lower because he wanted to be on the good side of Florida for future negotiations.  I understand there is work being done behind the scenes, but why 'push out' a current client from a job when you also know you will have to negotiate a lower buyout for him so the school can afford to buyout Mullen's contract?  

And in that case, why would Mississippi State negotiate to lower their buyout at all for Mullen to leave to go to Tennessee?  They just extended him in February and are 7-2.  

It just doesn't add up.

The agent is working for the coach, so he's just trying to get his coach a new job or a pay raise at his current job.  Agents are going to talk to numerous schools, and they probably play them against each other.  It's all about negotiations.

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Exactly. A weekish earlier than I would have guessed. 

Bob Stoops we heard about already through Steve Spurrier's loud mouth. A bit surprised Chip Kelly is on the list, but if UCLA opens, I see him taking that job over Florida. Charlie? Yeesh, not the best coach around, but hard to beat his Florida connections. 

So that could indicate Frost said no to UF and maybe negotiations with NU and Frost are going well. It does make me a little more hopeful that we won't screw this up.