** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

So we have 1 guy that has a trusted source that says they are in contract negotiations with Frost. Essentially that he has accepted the job they are just working out the fine details. Joking comments aside- is there anyone else that seriously has any sources that have heard similiar things? 

I asked my kids sock puppet but the damn thing wouldnt say a thing.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, RedOrDye said:

Updated odds to be Florida's next head coach: Frost -150, Mullen +400, Norvell +600

Now I don't trust these lines as pointing to who will be the next coach but still interesting to see who people are putting their money on. Has anyone seen any odds for who will be the Nebraska coach come next year?

Probably won't see much until they let Riley go.

18 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Let's assume Scott Forst gets announced as our next head coach. How do you think B1G West fans (MN, Purdue, WI, etc) will react to the news? B1G East powers like Ohio State, MI and PSU will just be happy we finally made a big time hire and would welcome the competition. I suspect fans of B1G West teams will have a "oh crap" type of response. 

Wisc = Won't care because they own us till proven different. 

Iowa = Won't care because ultimately they'd be ok with beating us 1/3 the time.

Minny = Fleck would care. Because he was going to bring swagger, excitement, and a young feel to the B10W and Frost is a better version of it.

NW= Meh they just want to win their 6-8 games and go to a bowl.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So we have 1 guy that has a trusted source that says they are in contract negotiations with Frost. Essentially that he has accepted the job they are just working out the fine details. Joking comments aside- is there anyone else that seriously has any sources that have heard similiar things? 

They are members of this board to ignore, and there are a few that you listen too. Pretty simple.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know three people who might be considered "insiders" that pretty much echo the same thing.  But they also are very clear that they are just slightly more in tune than the man on the street, so I don't bother saying anything they tell me generally.

The rumors are fun, but until we start seeing more smoke and our job actually opens up here that's all they really are. I think we all "know" the job is going to open, but we've been surprised before. One moment sweater vest is coming, the next moment Mike Riley is coming through the door. Good god I can still hear the "thud" of that hire. :facepalm:

• Plus1 3

26 minutes ago, RedOrDye said:

Updated odds to be Florida's next head coach: Frost -150, Mullen +400, Norvell +600

Now I don't trust these lines as pointing to who will be the next coach but still interesting to see who people are putting their money on. Has anyone seen any odds for who will be the Nebraska coach come next year?

Where did you see that ? I haven’t seen updated odds in a few days. 

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It does seem to line up with the fact Florida list of top 3 coaches doesnt have frost on it. More than likely he would have turned them down to not be in the top 3. My money is on charlie strong going to florida. Kelly will hold out for UCLA job.

If the guy that released that list of 3 is right.