** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

17 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

The rumors are fun, but until we start seeing more smoke and our job actually opens up here that's all they really are. I think we all "know" the job is going to open, but we've been surprised before. One moment sweater vest is coming, the next moment Mike Riley is coming through the door. Good god I can still hear the "thud" of that hire. :facepalm:

I'd like to see this process run its course without smoke.  Let's hope it's like the AD hire and it just gets done quietly for the sake of the university's image.  It's bad enough that some Horned Frog coach is croaking this week.

20 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It does seem to line up with the fact Florida list of top 3 coaches doesnt have frost on it. More than likely he would have turned them down to not be in the top 3. My money is on charlie strong going to florida. Kelly will hold out for UCLA job.

I don’t think that report is right.

From footballscoop

Florida: Houston sports radio host Marc Ryan tweeted this afternoon “From a very reliable source. UF has reached out to representatives of Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly and Charlie Strong to gauge interest in becoming the Gators next head coach. These are believed to be UF’s top choices.” Throughout the week, FootballScoop has heard from multiple sources in connection with this search. The information we have heard does not support Ryan’s tweet. We are told Spurrier has been helping Stricklin when asked. If Stricklin wanted Stoops’ ear, they would just call and talk or visit, no going through reps. Sources tell us Scott Frost is a very real candidate for this job. Will update as more is clear.

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

From footballscoop

Florida: Houston sports radio host Marc Ryan tweeted this afternoon “From a very reliable source. UF has reached out to representatives of Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly and Charlie Strong to gauge interest in becoming the Gators next head coach. These are believed to be UF’s top choices.” Throughout the week, FootballScoop has heard from multiple sources in connection with this search. The information we have heard does not support Ryan’s tweet. We are told Spurrier has been helping Stricklin when asked. If Stricklin wanted Stoops’ ear, they would just call and talk or visit, no going through reps. Sources tell us Scott Frost is a very real candidate for this job. Will update as more is clear.

In other news nobody knows anything.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

From footballscoop

Translation = they did not get the up to date inside scoop. They will echo the same in the coming days.

I have mentioned in other threads before that I have a source close to Scott Frost and I have been told Frost wants the Nebraska job. So to hear other people say they have sources telling them also that frost wants the job and that a contract negotiation is going on is in line with the source I have. I know many of you dont believe anything anyone says on this board- but for any posters not just looking to be a smart ass. My source is good. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

From footballscoop

My guess is that SF is doing what most people do on the job market. You look for as many options as possible, you set yourself up that in case one job falls through you land on your foot. Same thing I did last year where I didn't turn down one job offer until I had another in hand. You negotiate, you get as close as possible, you have it ready to sign on the doted line. If the other place gets cold feet or the written offer doesn't look right, you land on your feet. 

• Plus1 1