** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Interesting that Nate is hearing Leach and Kelly.  I have read Leach in a couple of different stories written by National Media, outside of Nebraska predicting Leach.  I blew it off because of the "natural" connection between Leach and Moos.  Kelly's name has been there since day 1 for also obvious reasons.  Wonder if Nate is hearing anything other than what we are hearing, or is he just stating the obvious.

Would be surprised if Frost actually ends up here, so both of those names will probably come into play.

31 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I was unaware that to win the Broyles award, you had to call plays.

OK....if you were going to make a list of the top OCs in the country, would you include ones that don't call plays on game day?

I wouldn't.....and, I find it odd if you would.

The biggest job of the OC is game planning the offense and making sure it accomplishes the goal of scoring points on game day.  This guy would have to be one hell of a great OC in every other area of the job if he's nominated for this....and doesn't call plays.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Seems ambiguous.  How is it determined if Walters called a play or not?  

1.07.097(B)

Nominated coordinators for said position award are reviewed by committee. This process includes formal interviews of head coaches at nominees university of employment to determine execution of nominees duties and if criteria is met for nominee as defined in 2.83.085(K)

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....if you were going to make a list of the top OCs in the country, would you include ones that don't call plays on game day?

I wouldn't.....and, I find it odd if you would.

The biggest job of the OC is game planning the offense and making sure it accomplishes the goal of scoring points on game day.  This guy would have to be one hell of a great OC in every other area of the job if he's nominated for this....and doesn't call plays.

I just stated i was unaware.  I don't give a s#!t if Walters wins it or not because he does or doesn't call plays.  He's isn't a Husker coach.

16 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

How does he know that? That would be be a welcomed event for sure. Can stilll get a high school kid like the one in KS if he can flip him. In 2019 class get that kid out of Iowa.

I know who this kid and have seen a lot of film on him. While he is a D1 caliber athlete he is not a D1 QB imo. Kid is extremely athletic but honestly i just don't seem the arm talent that others do (thats probably why I'm not a professional scout :dunno) but if a kid isn't wide open he doesn't have the ability to throw the ball into a window like you have to in major college football. The  kids accuracy at best will end up being like that of TA as a sophomore. I honestly would much rather see what Gebbia could do in Frost's system

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

1.07.097(B)

Nominated coordinators for said position award are reviewed by committee. This process includes formal interviews of head coaches at nominees university of employment to determine execution of nominees duties and if criteria is met for nominee as defined in 2.83.085(K)

So the HC just has to say, "Yeah.  He calls plays."  Easy enough.

1 minute ago, HANC said:

Interesting that Nate is hearing Leach and Kelly.  I have read Leach in a couple of different stories written by National Media, outside of Nebraska predicting Leach.  I blew it off because of the "natural" connection between Leach and Moos.  Kelly's name has been there since day 1 for also obvious reasons.  Wonder if Nate is hearing anything other than what we are hearing, or is he just stating the obvious.

Would be surprised if Frost actually ends up here, so both of those names will probably come into play.

I'm curious as to why you would be surprised if Frost actually ends up here?  I would surprised if he didn't wind up here. I know I don't want Leach here. Kelly? Even though he wasn't the guilty party, the 'baggage' still clings to him.  Neither Leach nor Kelly understand Nebraska culture like Scott does.  Sometimes I think these sports personalities get busy with their jobs and end up a little behind on the most current news. The people on this board probably have more current info than they do. Anyway, interested in your reply. Thanks for dialoguing with me.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I just stated i was unaware.  I don't give a s#!t if Walters wins it or not because he does or doesn't call plays.  He's isn't a Husker coach.

Kind of an odd statement in a thread with 84 pages about a guy who isn't a Husker coach.

My original comment on this subject was written because I had asked many pages ago if Frost called his own plays.  The speculation was that Frost did in fact call the plays.  I contemplate these questions because, if in fact, Frost is hired, the question becomes then, who does he bring with him?  So.....if he doesn't call plays at UCF and this guy is NOT brought with him, then there is a possible change in how the offense would be called here.  Now, I know Frost called plays at Oregon, so I'm not concerned about it.  But, if Frost has his OC call plays at UCF, I would assume he would have his OC call plays at Nebraska.  AND...if this guy does not come with him.....then......it becomes extremely important as to who he hires as an OC at Nebraska.

So.....no.....I really couldn't care less if this guy wins this award.  However, it does pertain to how the staff could fall into place if Frost was hired.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kind of an odd statement in a thread with 84 pages about a guy who isn't a Husker coach.

My original comment on this subject was written because I had asked many pages ago if Frost called his own plays.  The speculation was that Frost did in fact call the plays.  I contemplate these questions because, if in fact, Frost is hired, the question becomes then, who does he bring with him?  So.....if he doesn't call plays at UCF and this guy is NOT brought with him, then there is a possible change in how the offense would be called here.  Now, I know Frost called plays at Oregon, so I'm not concerned about it.  But, if Frost has his OC call plays at UCF, I would assume he would have his OC call plays at Nebraska.  AND...if this guy does not come with him.....then......it becomes extremely important as to who he hires as an OC at Nebraska.

So.....no.....I really couldn't care less if this guy wins this award.  However, it does pertain to how the staff could fall into place if Frost was hired.

All I said was that i was unaware that to win the award that calling plays was required.  That's it.  

And furthermore, I don't care what coach we have or how plays are called as long as they are winning plays.  

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Severe said that if Frost were to come to NU, Locksley will be headed to Lincoln, as well.  If Lee were to go pro, that would be a decent QB competition with Locksley, POB, and Gebbia (assuming all of them stay).

So how do people feel about the prospects of our current QBs? It's safe to say that we don't currently have a Scott Frost on the team (lol), but could one of them fill a Joe Ganz-ish role?

1 minute ago, Toe said:

So how do people feel about the prospects of our current QBs? It's safe to say that we don't currently have a Scott Frost on the team (lol), but could one of them fill a Joe Ganz-ish role?

I'm high on Gebbia. I think he just has some special talent and leadership abilities.  I'm not sold on POB, but he has enough mobility to make it work in a Scott Frost offense.  His running style is too "lumbering" for my taste, but he can move well enough.