** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

The Chip Kelly offense (AKA the Scott Frost offense more or less) does not require a mobile quarterback. It does help and brings another dimension to what the offense can do. A smart and accurate quarterback that makes good decisions is all you need though.

For example, Nick Foles had a great season in Kelly's first season at Philidelphia in 2013. In 10 games as the starter, Foles completed 64 percent of his passes for 2,891 yards with 27 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Foles is less mobile than any quarterback on Nebraska's roster.

45 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

To go along with my statements above. Something I find a little ironic and maybe its nothing. At the last press conference for scott frost. I think the last question was from a reporter who asked him what his favorite fry is. His response was Runza in lincoln.

Great. Now we are monitoring what fries the man likes. If he dips his fries in mayo then Florida can have him.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont want to say I have a source because I know everyone thinks it is a lie. So I will just say I have a really good feeling we offered Frost $5 million per year and are probably negotiating terms. Those dang gators probably offered him a little more than us before we made our first offer.

I think you just said it.....

• Plus1 1

Scott Frost is -200 to become the next Nebraska head coach. Riley fell way down for staying here next year. Chip Kelly is the second favorite at +300. 

Obviously all of that Vegas stuff means nothing for coaching searches, but you can tell the masses think highly of Scott Frost for P5 level jobs. 

7 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Great. Now we are monitoring what fries the man likes. If he dips his fries in mayo then Florida can have him.

Safe to say the reporter that asked that question does not care what fries he likes. They probably knew something about the contract negotiations and was baiting him to say lincoln, NE

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Safe to say the reporter that asked that question does not care what fries he likes. They probably knew something about the contract negotiations and was baiting him to say lincoln, NE

Was this that Bianchi guy? He is the trashiest media person that I have ever seen. UCF people hate his guts. 

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

I'm curious as to why you would be surprised if Frost actually ends up here?  I would surprised if he didn't wind up here. I know I don't want Leach here. Kelly? Even though he wasn't the guilty party, the 'baggage' still clings to him.  Neither Leach nor Kelly understand Nebraska culture like Scott does.  Sometimes I think these sports personalities get busy with their jobs and end up a little behind on the most current news. The people on this board probably have more current info than they do. Anyway, interested in your reply. Thanks for dialoguing with me.  

I agree with you on Leach.  Although fun to listen too and pretty good coach, I am not sure he is the guy.  I wasn't saying that I would "want" either one, just that their names would make sense entering the conversation.

My take on Frost is based on nothing other than gut feeling.  Reading articles and listening to people whom I think "should" be closer to the situation than most, have me thinking that Frost is a long shot.  Way too many people and articles written about Frost at Florida or staying put.  I think that there is too much smoke surrounding those rumors to not take it serious that he doesn't have Nebraska first on his list.  He wasn't treated well here at all and really doesn't have a strong connection as we would like him to have.

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

I agree with you on Leach.  Although fun to listen too and pretty good coach, I am not sure he is the guy.  I wasn't saying that I would "want" either one, just that their names would make sense entering the conversation.

My take on Frost is based on nothing other than gut feeling.  Reading articles and listening to people whom I think "should" be closer to the situation than most, have me thinking that Frost is a long shot.  Way too many people and articles written about Frost at Florida or staying put.  I think that there is too much smoke surrounding those rumors to not take it serious that he doesn't have Nebraska first on his list.  He wasn't treated well here at all and really doesn't have a strong connection as we would like him to have.

I have said it before, but I will say it again. There is smoke for Florida,  because that job is OPEN. Nebraska still has a head coach. See how much smoke there is when Nebraska has an opening.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Also hypothetically speaking I have a feeling Tom is probably pretty upset that his life work building this program is going down the drain. So he will be more active than most people think to help get scott here.

If you know anything about Tom Osborne, he is not likely to lobby or offer his opinion unless asked. He's an old school gentleman that way. 

It not only possible but likely that Tom has no more concrete information than we do at the moment.

22 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Scott Frost is -200 to become the next Nebraska head coach. Riley fell way down for staying here next year. Chip Kelly is the second favorite at +300. 

Obviously all of that Vegas stuff means nothing for coaching searches, but you can tell the masses think highly of Scott Frost for P5 level jobs. 

Where are you seeing that at ?

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you know anything about Tom Osborne, he is not likely to lobby or offer his opinion unless asked. He's an old school gentleman that way. 

It not only possible but likely that Tom has no more concrete information than we do at the moment.

Moos said last week on the Sip and Jake show that he's already met with Dr. Tom IIRC. I would be shocked if Moos didn't solicit some insight from the man.

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It was from Scott Frost's radio show.  According to the 1620 guys when they played they always end the show with a goofy question.  It wasn't at a press conference.

Just remember, Moos reached out to Osborne within hours of signing on the dotted line, and met with him the same day Osborne's grandson was baptized. I mean, you don't pull a coaching legend out of an important family event just to chat. It was a very calculated move.

Edited by schriznoeder