** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Good morning Huskerboars,

This morning Scott was observed eatting steak and eggs with a slab of bacon on the side. He opted for black coffee as well and was seen reading the Kearney Hub that he has same day delivered via FedEx each morning. 

How were the eggs cooked?  That will tell us everything we need to know

13 hours ago, skersfan said:

I am pretty sure he is being told to consider that by a man that has been attached to Nebraska for his adult life, and can not get away.  I think he enjoys that some, and part of it not so much.  Coming here for Scott Frost is considered a life time commitment by many on this board.  He may have higher goals or he maybe just happy as heck where he is at.   

No body knows but a very select few, and they aren't talking about it.  

I just hope the fan base does not go too crazy what ever happens.

This probably has more to do with whatever decision Frost makes than anything, and I absolutely would expect Osborne to not TELL him to do anything, that's not his style. Frost has UCF in the Top 15 in most polls......he may want to continue to work on that and see if his school will be the one to bust the P5 Cartel.

Despite all the message board and media drama, I don't think it'd be too tough for his players to understand that he's leaving for a job that pays five times as much, if that's what he decides to do.......any of them would do the same. All the comments I've heard him say point to keeping the program in good shape, making it easier to retain staff, building the fan base and facilities, etc.....

Just now, Hayseed said:

Despite all the message board and media drama, I don't think it'd be too tough for his players to understand that he's leaving for a job that pays five times as much, if that's what he decides to do.......any of them would do the same. All the comments I've heard him say point to keeping the program in good shape, making it easier to retain staff, building the fan base and facilities, etc.....

Agree. Getting 5-6 million to coach at a top 5 all time winning program. You can't pass on that 

I am no longer an insider, but was during the 1st Pelini departure, I have known Coach Osborne for over 40 years.  I have a pretty good idea how he thinks and how he responds.  I know exactly what he would say if I asked him about the situation, so no need to pretend I know a thing about it.  I do know that Scott is very close to him and he would want what is best for Scott, not so much what might be best for Nebraska.  He knows the good and bad of being a Nebraska head coach, and if successful, how hard it is to step away.  I do feel if Coach Frost wants to come to Nebraska,  Coach Osborne would happily endorse it.  

If he is ready to move, sounds like he has several top flight programs to choose from.  All have passionate fans, and money to invest in his vision.  I wish him luck in what ever he decides, and strongly hoping he chooses Nebraska.   Could live with him staying at UCF, but would be quite unhappy if he chose another program over Nebraska.  It would certainly tell me that Nebraska is no longer considered a destination job.  

We just have to keep hoping he comes home.

• Plus1 2