** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

The one thing that gives me a little hope is that surely Frost is getting told that his stock will never be higher.  He is pretty much in a position to name his cost.  Unless he can go undefeated another year (% against that), he will never be in such demand.

Kelly to Florida seems weird to me but I can get there.  Florida can throw an obscene dollar amount, you do have the proximity to good recruits and the SEC East outside of Georgia is pretty weak.  While we agree that the coach will be under a microscope everything I've read on Kelly in that regard is he simply doesn't care what people think of him.  Florida has shown they have no issues cutting bait (no pun intended) and regardless, the Florida job seems to be one where you only last 5 years tops.

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

Kelly to Florida seems weird to me but I can get there.  Florida can throw an obscene dollar amount, you do have the proximity to good recruits and the SEC East outside of Georgia is pretty weak.  While we agree that the coach will be under a microscope everything I've read on Kelly in that regard is he simply doesn't care what people think of him.  Florida has shown they have no issues cutting bait (no pun intended) and regardless, the Florida job seems to be one where you only last 5 years tops.

Kelly to some place like UCLA makes more sense to me.  Lots of talent and more time is given to coaches as well.  Heck if I were Frost I would stay the heck out of the SEC.  Either stay at UCF, go to NU, or go to a Power5 with sane fans like UCLA or North Carolina.  

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I just hope it's not the Iowa State coach... I don't see what's so special about him. We've gotta get Frost; anyone else would be a huge disappointment, no matter how much the AD & others tried to play it up.

You don't see what is special about a coach that has beaten Oklahoma and TCU, and has lost to Iowa, Okie State, West Virginia and Texas by a total of 24 points? 

At Iowa State. 

Iowa State. 

• Plus1 7

I know this has probably been discussed somewhere in the 96 pages, but if not:

I wonder if there will be a challenge with how well UCF is doing and Frost leaving them. I know one of the MAC VP's pretty well. Last year at this time PJ Fleck was the hot coaching name. He told me that PJ wouldn't go anywhere because W. Michigan is doing well and he would stay through the New Years day bowls. He did just that and went to Minnesota after January 1st. I wonder if Frost is thinking the same thing? With a early signing date, we may have to move on if that is what is going to happen?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I wonder if there will be a challenge with how well UCF is doing and Frost leaving them. I know one of the MAC VP's pretty well. Last year at this time PJ Fleck was the hot coaching name. He told me that PJ wouldn't go anywhere because W. Michigan is doing well and he would stay through the New Years day bowls. He did just that and went to Minnesota after January 1st. I wonder if Frost is thinking the same thing? With a early signing date, we may have to move on if that is what is going to happen?

We would wait. One class does not make a program. The right coach can.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

We would definitely wait for Coach Frost.

If we get him to sign a contract and allow him to coach the bowl game, he can technically still recruit for us I believe. Meaning, he could at least call the players we have committed and keep them on board.

He would then have a month-ish, to find about 10 more recruits.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think we would wait, but I also think Frost waiting until after the bowl game could be a distinct possibility, especially given that they have a brand new baby.

27 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

If he waits his recruiting class will be gone. I doubt he waits.