** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

If I'm the next head coach, I approach the 2018 schedule like any other. We're going to play the games we have to play. It doesn't matter if it's a tough or weak schedule. If we get our butts kicked in year one so be it. I think it's ludicrous for some to suggest we're somehow doing the next head coach a favor by letting Riley take that beating in 2018.

Definitely.  NU will be one year ahead in player development and system implementation as well.  

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

If I'm the next head coach, I approach the 2018 schedule like any other. We're going to play the games we have to play. It doesn't matter if it's a tough or weak schedule. If we get our butts kicked in year one so be it. I think it's ludicrous for some to suggest we're somehow doing the next head coach a favor by letting Riley take that beating in 2018.

I completely agree. I just mean that regardless of how hard the schedule is, I imagine the next head coach can do better than 4-8 and still have a record improvement next year. That would keep some of the ridiculous fans we have at bay from complaining about going backwards in year 1. 

4 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Last year at this time PJ Fleck was the hot coaching name. He told me that PJ wouldn't go anywhere because W. Michigan is doing well and he would stay through the New Years day bowls. He did just that and went to Minnesota after January 1st. I wonder if Frost is thinking the same thing? With a early signing date, we may have to move on if that is what is going to happen?

True, but that was a different situation. Minnesota didn't fire Tracy Claeys until after the bowl game, due to the sexual assault allegations of the players. Western Michigan had already played against Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl when he as fired.

Nebraska is obviously going to fire Riley well before January. I really doubt Frost would stick around UCF for the bowl unless he's in the playoff. I can't think of any scenario where a coach took a new job but stuck around for the bowl, unless he was playing for a national title. It hurts recruiting too much. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

In in all seriousness, I’m sure internal off the record conversations have taken place. My guess is he gets to “step down” at the end of the season

I've seen a lot of people say this, and while it could happen, I really doubt he resigns. If he does, he doesn't get the buyout money. I don't know why Riley would pass on millions of dollars. 

2 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

I've seen a lot of people say this, and while it could happen, I really doubt he resigns. If he does, he doesn't get the buyout money. I don't know why Riley would pass on millions of dollars. 

Same thing was said about Gary Anderson leaving oregon state but he did it. I dont understand it but he did. So precedent has been set.

I didn't say it was impossible. It could happen. Gary Andersen is one example. There are hundreds more of guys taking the money. I think it is far far more likely that Riley takes a few million dollars on his way out of town then taking nothing.

Put yourself in Riley's shoes. Would you leave millions on the table?

1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

I didn't say it was impossible. It could happen. Gary Andersen is one example. There are hundreds more of guys taking the money. I think it is far far more likely that Riley takes a few million dollars on his way out of town then taking nothing.

I would actually think less of Riley if he walked away without the money.  #gottagetpaid 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

I sure as hell wouldnt. But I am not the nicest guy in college football. 

• Plus1 1