** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, jaws said:

Is there a job opening?

Yes there is a job opening. Its just not open yet. But if you dont think contract terms are getting sorted out with a candidate just because riley firing is not accounced yet your living in a fantasy world. By seal the deal I mean we may have all the differences in the contract sorted out so the final copies ready to be signed is ready to go. So you can move fast once his season concludes.

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Ya, but unless you are undefeated like CF is.  This means a lot to this school. 

UCF being undefeated is slightly different.  Frost can be named and be allowed to coach the bowl game, or the UCF AD might pull the plug himself, name one of Frost's assistants his new coach and let Frost go to Lincoln.  Either way, the coach has to be named in the first week of December.

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yes there is a job opening. Its just not open yet. But if you dont think contract terms are getting sorted out with a candidate just because riley firing is not accounced yet your living in a fantasy world. By seal the deal I mean we may have all the differences in the contract sorted out so the final copies ready to be signed is ready to go. So you can move fast once his season concludes.

Ok, so you have no idea if they are agreeing to terms or if they are even talking. I live in a world with HR departments and lawyers. I am sure there is backroom stuff going on but that is about all it is at this point in time. 

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

UCF being undefeated is slightly different.  Frost can be named and be allowed to coach the bowl game, or the UCF AD might pull the plug himself, name one of Frost's assistants his new coach and let Frost go to Lincoln.  Either way, the coach has to be named in the first week of December.

Maybe since they cant get scott frost or chip kelly at UCF. Maybe they will get the poor mans version and hire Mark Helfrich to keep that offense going.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe since they cant get scott frost or chip kelly at UCF. Maybe they will get the poor mans version and hire Mark Helfrich to keep that offense going.

That would be a good hire for them if Frost comes to us.  You would think a Power 5 like Illinois or Kansas would go after a guy like Helfrich.  

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If mangino is still alive I am surprised he hasnt landed somewhere.

He was at Iowa State under Paul Rhodes in 2014-15, but got fired by Rhoads with a month left in the 2015 season.  Considering he also didn't leave on good terms at Kansas, then he may have trouble finding another job.  He's 61 years old, so he is probably just spending his $ from KU now.