** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Sgt Red said:

My hope is this is the number we hang on Ohio State when SF is HC

Crazy question. How good of a coach is urban meyer now? It seems to me like he may rests on his laurels of being a phenomenal recruiting guy. Their talent level is so supreme to their competition that they win 10-11 every year. I mean between ohio state and florida how did or do they ever lose to anyone other than bama.

Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Agreed, and nothing says you HAVE to fire your current coach, announce and interim, then talk to someone. Especially if your current coach already knows he's gone because he was told behind closed doors. At least that's the speculation at this point. 

Don't think Moos tells ESPN what he told them today if he hadn't informed Riley. You don't even need to read between the lines to understand what he is saying. I don't see Moos as one to be that openly blunt to the entire nation without telling his coach first.

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Crazy question. How good of a coach is urban meyer now? It seems to me like he may rests on his laurels of being a phenomenal recruiting guy. Their talent level is so supreme to their competition that they win 10-11 every year. I mean between ohio state and florida how did or do they ever lose to anyone other than bama.

Look at his performance at Utah and Bowling Green when he had lesser talent.  

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I think you are crazy if you don't think Urban isn't a great coach.  Part of being a great coach is being a great recruiter.

Now, his teams do have games where their asses pucker when they don't dominate from the opening kickoff, but they are still a top 5 program in the country.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Really really good.  Like TO good.  Don't forget he won at Utah.  I would take him in a second.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I don't think his coordinators match his level of coaching prowess currently. He's basically had back-to-back seasons where in a really big game his offensive coordinator failed to call enough running plays to play to their strengths and wound up losing because of it.