** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

You are conflating two different issues. It’s not the coaches fault or decision to not pay players. That’s the NCAA rule. I think you have a fair point about the players, but it’s not the coaches fault. Most coaches would probably agree with you. 

Either way, the rules of this game are pretty clear from the beginning. The players aren’t being forced to do this. 

One way or another, they tend to overlap.  Who makes up the NCAA?  Colleges, universities athletic conferences and other affiliated organizations are NCAA members.  These members help set up the rules.  Who pays the coaches?  The colleges do.  Why do you suppose college athletes don't get paid?  Who is the biggest beneficiary of college athletes not getting paid?  Are we connecting any dots here yet?  The colleges are collecting all the money.  They dole out a small portion to the coach while keeping the rest.  It's of little wonder why Nick Saban is being paid more money per year than the highest paid NFL coach (Pete Carroll).  In fact, there are two college coaches paid more than the highest paid NFL coach.  Could it be because in the NFL the money has to be distributed to the players? 

When you say the players aren't being forced to do this, I'm not sure if you are serious.  Of course the players are being forced to do this.  How is a player ever to make a NFL roster unless they go through the motions of playing college ball?  The NFL has already catered to the NCAA setting up a rule that a player has to be three years removed from high school before they are eligible to enter the draft.  If they ever want to get paid to play, they are essentially forced to do this.

16 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Most of this thread is hot garbage at this point. I don't believe about 99% of it, but everyone was pushing the flight stuff from last night to find out it may have been a joke this morning. 

Some of the tweets are sort of informative, that's what I usually come here for anymore.  Sift through all the bs.

35 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

One way or another, they tend to overlap.  Who makes up the NCAA?  Colleges, universities athletic conferences and other affiliated organizations are NCAA members.  These members help set up the rules.  Who pays the coaches?  The colleges do.  Why do you suppose college athletes don't get paid?  Who is the biggest beneficiary of college athletes not getting paid?  Are we connecting any dots here yet?  The colleges are collecting all the money.  They dole out a small portion to the coach while keeping the rest.  It's of little wonder why Nick Saban is being paid more money per year than the highest paid NFL coach (Pete Carroll).  In fact, there are two college coaches paid more than the highest paid NFL coach.  Could it be because in the NFL the money has to be distributed to the players? 

When you say the players aren't being forced to do this, I'm not sure if you are serious.  Of course the players are being forced to do this.  How is a player ever to make a NFL roster unless they go through the motions of playing college ball?  The NFL has already catered to the NCAA setting up a rule that a player has to be three years removed from high school before they are eligible to enter the draft.  If they ever want to get paid to play, they are essentially forced to do this.

I may be confused but don't these kids get free tuition? Who pays for the expenses associated with that?

• Plus1 1