** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

HAHA. Its just a way to point out they are being paid. Most college educations cost what 80k or so. 

At a major University like Nebraska? Probably more. I hate the restrictions the NCAA puts on these kids, and heat they can/can't do off the Field, but they're being compensated pretty well. $100,000+ plus education. Free clothes, shoes, trips, housing. And they earn all that by the way. But the argument you hear 'look at all the money they're making these schools" is not a good one in my opinion. Most of us could say that about the places we work too. He'll, I've heard it (jokingly I think) from the guys that work for me.

BUT, any-who.... Has that plane made it to Orlando yet?

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Agree. Instead of giving them free tuition. Just give them 80,000. They can choose to use that on their college education or piss it away and have student loans instead.

Why lowball them?  The March survey, from the National College Players Association and Drexel University, said that the projected fair market value of the average college football player is $178,000 per year from 2011 to 2015.  With as fast as things change, it's probably over a quarter million by now.  With the average college football player being in a program four to five years, let's just call it a cool million.

Edited by junior4949
3 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Why lowball them?  The March survey, from the National College Players Association and Drexel University, said that the projected fair market value of the average college football player is $178,000 per year from 2011 to 2015.  With as fast as things change, it's probably over a quarter million by now.

You just made my point. If they are on campus for 5 years. They will receive roughly 1.25 million in benefits. How many of you make 250,000 a year in the job you do?

5 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Why lowball them?  The March survey, from the National College Players Association and Drexel University, said that the projected fair market value of the average college football player is $178,000 per year from 2011 to 2015.  With as fast as things change, it's probably over a quarter million by now.

If that's true then they're getting that in education, housing, clothing, food, expense paid trips etc.... So that settles it. Even Steven. Play ball.

Just now, junior4949 said:

What benefits?  You think they're receiving 1.25 million in benefits over their college career?

As much as I would love to banter back and forth with you for the next hour. I think the rest of the people on this board dont give a crap anymore. So I am not going to respond to help the thread get back on track.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If that's true then they're getting that in education, housing, clothing, food, expense paid trips etc.... So that settles it. Even Steven. Play ball.

It's their fair market value.  It isn't what they're receiving from the school.  Johnny Football had a fair market value of $547,000 per year while at A&M.  This was his value to A&M.  It isn't what he was receiving in benefits.