** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Im just thinking maybe avoid the question like most politicians instead of talk about how your still mulling things over.

I think all is very very well.

"Ironically", Moos has indicated his program evaluation won't take until the end of the season.  Also "ironically" the Florida coaching search shifted from Frosty to Chip Kelly as the primary target.

And I think it was Dan Hoppen who indicated Frost may be looking at a top 7 salary.

Things be happenin'..............

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was at UNL from fall of 94 through spring of 98.  I definitely hold that over my brothers who were at UNL during different times.

Can only imagine how awesome that was. 

4 minutes ago, Sparker said:

You're the good luck charm? Can you go back for a masters or doctorate please?

This

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think all is very very well.

"Ironically", Moos has indicated his program evaluation won't take until the end of the season.  Also "ironically" the Florida coaching search shifted from Frosty to Chip Kelly as the primary target.

And I think it was Dan Hoppen who indicated Frost may be looking at a top 7 salary.

Things be happenin'..............

Yeah I work with a Fla. guy and he has shifted into “we didn’t really want Frost anyway” mode pretty quickly. I think they were rebuffed if you read between the lines. 

As far as Frost staying at UCF, no he won’t be doing that. Did you see that sweet 1/2 empty stadium for their UConn game? They will never have a fan base that really gives a s#!t and it gets pretty old playing/coaching your ass off for a bunch of empty seats. 

I feel pretty good good about it. 

He is coming home. 

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't have time to find the actual study right now but I would guess the revenue they are talking about is only being applied to football players.  In practice, it would have to be spread to all scholarship athletes - male and female.  So, in Nebraska's case, that money would be split over some 228 people instead of 85. 

Yes, they were only talking about football players.  From what I gather, it was all football players not just scholarship football players.  The University of Texas did a study that concluded their 85 scholarship football players had a fair market value of over $670,000 per year. 

Yes, the money would have to be spread to all scholarship athletes both male and female.  However, one must really look at everything.  John Cook signed a contract a year ago making him Nebraska's highest paid women's coach.  His base salary is $600,000.  We are potentially looking at paying a football coach nearly 10 times that amount.  The B1G invited us into their conference because of football.  Football is where the money is at.  The colleges make up the NCAA, and the NCAA makes up the rules.  They don't want those risking their health and life to share in the riches.  They want to keep all the money and then use it to buy the best coach.   

I don't know much about how much money high school football coaches get paid.  I highly doubt there's a huge pay difference between coach A who's won five state titles and coach B who has yet to win a state title.  High school football and college football are similar in that they both involve amateur athletes.  Yet, there's also a huge difference.  Some college football coaches are paid more than the highest paid NFL coach who coaches paid professional athletes.  Personally, I think it's wrong for colleges to use the NCAA as a shield for their agenda.  John Cook is as good as any coach in their respective sport, yet he makes a fraction of what the top college football coaches and men's basketball coaches make.  By properly compensating college athletes for what they bring into the school, it might just make the playing field a little more level.

11 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Yes, they were only talking about football players.  From what I gather, it was all football players not just scholarship football players.  The University of Texas did a study that concluded their 85 scholarship football players had a fair market value of over $670,000 per year. 

Yes, the money would have to be spread to all scholarship athletes both male and female.  However, one must really look at everything.  John Cook signed a contract a year ago making him Nebraska's highest paid women's coach.  His base salary is $600,000.  We are potentially looking at paying a football coach nearly 10 times that amount.  The B1G invited us into their conference because of football.  Football is where the money is at.  The colleges make up the NCAA, and the NCAA makes up the rules.  They don't want those risking their health and life to share in the riches.  They want to keep all the money and then use it to buy the best coach.   

I don't know much about how much money high school football coaches get paid.  I highly doubt there's a huge pay difference between coach A who's won five state titles and coach B who has yet to win a state title.  High school football and college football are similar in that they both involve amateur athletes.  Yet, there's also a huge difference.  Some college football coaches are paid more than the highest paid NFL coach who coaches paid professional athletes.  Personally, I think it's wrong for colleges to use the NCAA as a shield for their agenda.  John Cook is as good as any coach in their respective sport, yet he makes a fraction of what the top college football coaches and men's basketball coaches make.  By properly compensating college athletes for what they bring into the school, it might just make the playing field a little more level.

Seems like a topic for another thread.

• Plus1 5
37 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

You are answering your own question. You said it yourself. Football makes the most money. Football is the reason we were invited into the Big 10 and are going to share in enormous television revenues. Football coaches know this and use this to get paid as much as possible. Unlike the athletes they coach, they are considered professionals. They are no different then their NFL counterparts. They are under just as much pressure to win and have the added job of recruiting. One could argue they should get paid more then NFL coaches because of the added work and pressure associated with recruiting. 

Like it or not college athletes are considered amateurs. Lobby the NCAA I guess. Quit watching. Whatever you want to do to change it, but a Professional coach has a right to get paid whatever someone thinks he is worth and is willing to pay him. 

Your utopian coaching meritocracy where John Cook gets paid the same as Nick Saban doesn’t and will never exist

And yeah this discussion doesn’t belong in this thread so I apologize to the rest of the board for responding and prolonging it. 

Edited by olddominionhusker