** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

So the guys downplaying the twitter deal. Ignore when all these guys were followed. Start with Ryan held. Why so many current husker players and recruits on his twitter? Did UCF recruit any of those players? If not there is no reason why he would follow right? 

Now take our current recruits- is UCF recruiting bookie? Pledger? Perkins? Max Dugan? 

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is he a fan of Nebraska media and that's why he is following about every media member in or around Lincoln and omaha? 

That’s what I’m saying. It’s one thing if it’s a couple guys in common. This is the entire recruiting board plus media members. Bookie isn’t going to UCF. Only reason to follow him is to get him back to Nebraska. Nate Clouse was very careful to say why Bookie hadn’t committed anywhere yet, almost saying he’s waiting to see who the new coach is going to be at Nebraska.

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So the guys downplaying the twitter deal. Ignore when all these guys were followed. Start with Ryan held. Why so many current husker players and recruits on his twitter? Did UCF recruit any of those players? If not there is no reason why he would follow right? 

Now take our current recruits- is UCF recruiting bookie? Pledger? Perkins? Max Dugan? 

Bookie and Pledger are both playing in Florida. It's worth a follow.

Duggan is a DTQB who probably knows about Frost from nebraska. Also worth a follow. Not sure on Perkins.

just playing devils advocate 

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Bookie and Pledger are both playing in Florida. It's worth a follow.

Duggan is a DTQB who probably knows about Frost from nebraska. Also worth a follow. Not sure on Perkins.

just playing devils advocate 

I guess if you try hard you can get there. What about the current Husker players?

46 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

This is 100x more reliable info than “my source said”. Not sure what else you want. Recruits talk all the time that first contact is made through Twitter these days

I realize the importance of social media, but am wondering if its UCF trying to get a jump on recruiting for NU with only a few weeks to recruit.  

Let's hypothetically say Frost is hired.  He probably would bring a lot of assistants but will have some spots to fill.  UCF could promote an assistant to HC and a couple of the guys have UCF ties.

I would think the Nebraska guys would want to come for sure.  Here's a list.

OL -Greg Austin - NE

RB - Ryan Held  - NE

Barrett Ruud  Quality Control  - NE

Zach Duval   Sports performance  - NE

Gerrod Lambrecht  Director of operations   - Concordia

I think he would definitely like to bring his DC (unless he maybe goes for the UCF HC job)

Their TE/recruiting coordinator and DB coaches are from UCF so might stay if given the chance.

Possible that Dewitt (associate HC/LB/Special Teams) or Troy Walters (OC/WRs) could try for the HC job.

Their DL and QB coaches have no ties to either school.  DL coach has also coached LBs quite a bit.

So that would mean DC, OL, RB probably come,

likely DL, QB

some of OC, ST, LB, WR, DB, TE could be open.

Certainly Frost has plenty of connections that we don't know of and I'd be with whomever he hires.  But it's just kind of fun to think of a few possible former Huskers who have ties.  Getting a former Husker would likely mean that they would stay longer.  Possibly Parrella if their DL guy Dawson coaches LBs.  We have quite a few former DBs with coaching experience (Daniel Bullocks, Minter, Barron Miles, Sanders, Wilhite, Russell Gary).  Carlos Polk coaches ST for Tampa Bay.  Ed Stewart could be sick of the Big 12 and come in some admin role.

Any other fun thoughts?  :)

1 minute ago, Husker Q said:

Let's hypothetically say Frost is hired.  He probably would bring a lot of assistants but will have some spots to fill.  UCF could promote an assistant to HC and a couple of the guys have UCF ties.

I would think the Nebraska guys would want to come for sure.  Here's a list.

OL -Greg Austin - NE

RB - Ryan Held  - NE

Barrett Ruud  Quality Control  - NE

Zach Duval   Sports performance  - NE

Gerrod Lambrecht  Director of operations   - Concordia

I think he would definitely like to bring his DC (unless he maybe goes for the UCF HC job)

Their TE/recruiting coordinator and DB coaches are from UCF so might stay if given the chance.

Possible that Dewitt (associate HC/LB/Special Teams) or Troy Walters (OC/WRs) could try for the HC job.

Their DL and QB coaches have no ties to either school.  DL coach has also coached LBs quite a bit.

So that would mean DC, OL, RB probably come,

likely DL, QB

some of OC, ST, LB, WR, DB, TE could be open.

Certainly Frost has plenty of connections that we don't know of and I'd be with whomever he hires.  But it's just kind of fun to think of a few possible former Huskers who have ties.  Getting a former Husker would likely mean that they would stay longer.  Possibly Parrella if their DL guy Dawson coaches LBs.  We have quite a few former DBs with coaching experience (Daniel Bullocks, Minter, Barron Miles, Sanders, Wilhite, Russell Gary).  Carlos Polk coaches ST for Tampa Bay.  Ed Stewart could be sick of the Big 12 and come in some admin role.

Any other fun thoughts?  :)

There's another thread on who people would want for staff.  Could be an interesting augmentation to this thread.

19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

There is a reason why they are coming. The national media has been clueess the whole time.