** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Can we just ban skersfan already? Hasnt he already been warned by mavric in this thread? Bro its a message board. Our team blows ass. What else would you like us to talk about to get through the next couple weeks? 

Its fun to think of us maybe being good again someday with a good coach, even if it turns out to be untrue. Maybe you should try having fun sometime. 

Edited by Rike Miley
  • Plus1 4
21 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

CPT, so if Frost comes to Nebraska, does this do some weird spell on you intertwining Nebraska and Oregon into 1 and make you become a full-fledged Husker fan?

Frost is my numero uno Husker. I will still be rooting for the Ducks..but he would be the cure for my apathy. I would be completely invested. 

• Plus1 1

Worth noting just because I've seen it mentioned a bunch in this colossal thread.

UCF may not play in the AAC title game. They are the favorite to represent the east division right now. But they have to beat South Florida in the final regular season game. A pretty good South Florida team that only has one loss. A loss to the Bulls means UCF doesn't play in the conference title game and clearly doesn't get a New Years Six bowl. 

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Can't get a raise if you instantly shoot down the rumors....

You could be absolutely right, but isn't it also a potential distraction to his current team as well as UCF recruiting to let the speculation continue?

I find it very interesting that UCF didn't lock Frost down with raise, etc.., especially if he wants to stay there, as soon as UF and Nebraska started showing interest.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Agreed.

People who know Frost and are close to him have said they know he wants to coach at Nebraska. If that's true, this is his shot and likely his only legitimate shot for the foreseeable future.

This. He takes a huge gamble if he decides to wait at UCF for just one more year. Obviously Nebraska can't afford to wait for him, so Nebraska hires their coach this off season and if he succeeds that coach wont be going anywhere anytime soon and Frost will have missed his opportunity.

13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Can't get a raise if you instantly shoot down the rumors....

I think the terms have already been agreed upon.

I think it's one of the easier "negotiations" Moos has had to do.  Moos has the full support of the president, chancellor (thankfully!), Osborne and the donors.  I'd be surprised if there has been a lot of negotiating.

UCF challenged their fans to step up to the plate and prove how much they want Frost to stay, and they failed miserably. Even if they had met their goal, it still would've been chump change next to what Nebraska will offer. I see the UCF boosters trying to challenge Frost with the "He can either go back to an old dynasty, or he can stay and try to build a new dynasty" spiel

In reality to build UCF into a consistent power you would have to be the coach there for at least 10 years. Similar to what Spurrier did with the Gators. The reason UCF doesn't have the big money to do their best keep Frost with money is because they do not have a large alumni base. The school is very young in the FBS ranks and it will take a long time before anything is truly built there.