** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

I'm just looking forward to all of this being done and over with. Now people are having freak outs about rumors of Frost not the #1 target even after an ESPN employee states that Nebraska has made it known that they want Frost as the next head coach. SMH. 

Thought we couldn't trust everything we hear from the media. Only ones that fit our narrative? Ok

Just now, Dan_F_31 said:

Thought we couldn't trust everything we hear from the media. Only ones that fit our narrative? Ok

The poster that I am talking about attends the meetings with the big wigs and he said it is true about the two way communication. He doesn't have any confirmation that Scott Frost is coming through and I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise without confirmation of it. 

He is the guy where I am getting the DB, DL and WR coaches potentially retained. 

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

The poster that I am talking about attends the meetings with the big wigs and he said it is true about the two way communication. He doesn't have any confirmation that Scott Frost is coming through and I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise without confirmation of it. 

He is the guy where I am getting the DB, DL and WR coaches potentially retained. 

We have been talking about retaining those coaches for over a month.....

• Plus1 1

Let's hope he's right!

Jessica, here is something you need to understand.

Frost is not coming if he doesn't have full say of staff. Now, that doesn't mean it's impossible for those coaches to stay, but those will be SF's decisions, not big wigs in a meeting room.

• Plus1 5
Just now, ScottyIce said:

Jessica, here is something you need to understand.

Frost is not coming if he doesn't have full say of staff. Now, that doesn't mean it's impossible for those coaches to stay, but those will be SF's decisions, not big wigs in a meeting room.

I know. I'm not saying those coaches are being forced on Frost. Heck, they even talked about the offense he would run at Nebraska. We will see how the staff comes together once Frost gets here since that stuff is always fluid with other offers that come in. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

The psychological message this will send through the football world if the prodigal son chooses to not return to NU, his school and birthplace, will be catastrophic IMHO.  How bad must things be if "he" chooses not to return.  Talk about a gut punch.  That might do as much harm as hiring a "google search" coach....

You misspelled "more"

I'll be honest. A tiny sliver of me hopes it isn't Frost as Nebraska's next coach just to witness the epic meltdown of this thread. Like a forest where the under brush has been building for decades create all sorts of fuel.  Is that bad?

Edited by Dan_F_31
  • Plus1 3