** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Outside of the totally unrealistic and unprecedented event of Frost leaving his team anytime within the next two weeks, what exactly could happen before then? Just confusing realizing what we are looking for. 

We are going to play two terrible football games and constantly be on the verge of having this thread locked.

• Plus1 3

Brace yourselves for some inside info I got tonight.  A friend that works in north stadium wished me a happy Bday today and I told him all I wanted was for him to give me the details on if Frost was coming.  He said.... “Lol” so I’m pretty sure he’s N. :D

Honestly I think the biggest news the next 2 weeks is silence. We know moos needs to have the new guy lined up end of November or first of December. So they would need to be calling around etc if they were still looking. If it's dead quiet that tells me they are zeroed in on top target i.e. Frost and have a deal worked out. 

Remember I kept saying the first thing to look for, for getting Scott Frost to Nebraska was paying attention for new names to come up with the UF coaching job. That has happened. The next thing is to look for is Scott Frost and jobs that will eventually open. If we hear nothing about Frost and other jobs and we hear credible leaks (as credible as they can be like the ESPN guy), and there is no chatter about Forst returning to UCF as for certain, then we know there is a good chance he is going back home when "momma" officially calls. 

My gut feeling is that things for the push to get Scott Frost to Nebraska didn't happen until after the MN game. Just my gut feeling on that. Priore to that I think it was just more of feelers that went out to various coaches. I think they know what they will be doing on officially and are now moving in that direction. 

Something i find alittle interesting about this thread.  Folks who complain about it still being updated or round and round bouts of useless info are still coming on here to check it out.  At this point, i think its obvious that were just trying to entertain ourselves.  So with that in mind.

tGabeC0.gif

Edited by MacNCheeze
15 minutes ago, Husker John said:

huskers28.jpg.8b43d5b140f719ffbdbc870a085e3d68.jpgThe days when the Huskers were truly hated.

I hope we get back to the days when more people hate Nebraska. That means Nebraska is really good. As a kid I didn't understand it. Now, I would gladly allow Nebraska to take the "villain" role that Alabama or Ohio State has now.

2 hours ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I'll be honest. A tiny sliver of me hopes it isn't Frost as Nebraska's next coach just to witness the epic meltdown of this thread. Like a forest where the under brush has been building for decades create all sorts of fuel.  Is that bad?

How about the best of both worlds. NU hires another head scratcher instead of frost. Huskerboard melts. A week later it's discovered that new coach lied on resume and is promptly released ala note dame...the search for a new coach lasts another glorious week until frost is finally hired and we all rejoice! 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Remember I kept saying the first thing to look for, for getting Scott Frost to Nebraska was paying attention for new names to come up with the UF coaching job. That has happened. The next thing is to look for is Scott Frost and jobs that will eventually open. If we hear nothing about Frost and other jobs and we hear credible leaks (as credible as they can be like the ESPN guy), and there is no chatter about Forst returning to UCF as for certain, then we know there is a good chance he is going back home when "momma" officially calls. 

My gut feeling is that things for the push to get Scott Frost to Nebraska didn't happen until after the MN game. Just my gut feeling on that. Priore to that I think it was just more of feelers that went out to various coaches. I think they know what they will be doing on officially and are now moving in that direction. 

I just hope that SF has been vetted out as really the best realistic coach we can get at this point in time.  I realize some are starting to say Moos is playing 3dimensional chess and maybe all this SF is a cloudy front as he works for someone better potentially, but I have a hard time believing the UN administration is willing to drop down tremendously huge bucks to steal a big fish household name that will appease the fanbase after experiencing the HCMR chapter we're just about done with.  I can always hope that there really is something magical in store for us even if it's not SF, but my gut tells me it wouldn't be the splash that a lot hope for.  For all we know SF may not have been target #1 at the start and potentially now we're "settling" in with him.

Edited by Midwest
grammar
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Ask siri who Scott Frost is if you have an iPhone....

I don’t understand why everybody is freaking out about this?  Siri pulls it from Wikipedia, which anyone can edit.  I could make Siri say Frost if my fluffer if I really wanted to...

• Plus1 1