** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

@Midwest, the whole "vetted" issue always makes me chuckle.  Scott Frost is one of the hottest prospects for a P5 school out there.  One can look at the coaching tree he has come from along with the various offensive and defensive minded coaches and he shines very bright.  He comes from a coaching family.

All that to say, it really makes me wonder about our fan base at times ... even if it's 10%.  :bigredn: will be fortunate to have a native son come back home to coach.  We are not even a Top 30 program anymore.  :bigredn: would be lucky to get Scott.  He would be doing us a favor.  There are better programs this year then us and each of the next 5 years there will always be better programs and opportunities then :bigredn: .

I believe he will be :bigredn: .  I'm 100% in this ... and :bigredn: fans should be thankful and feel fortunate.

I visited the UCF board weeks ago, and yeah, that Mikesi guy is seriously obsessed bashing Nebraska. Doing a search brings up 199 posts by him mentioning Nebraska in the last month, and I'm sure there's plenty more that didn't happen to include the word 'Nebraska'.

Edited by Toe

57 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@Midwest, the whole "vetted" issue always makes me chuckle.  Scott Frost is one of the hottest prospects for a P5 school out there.  One can look at the coaching tree he has come from along with the various offensive and defensive minded coaches and he shines very bright.  He comes from a coaching family.

All that to say, it really makes me wonder about our fan base at times ... even if it's 10%.  :bigredn: will be fortunate to have a native son come back home to coach.  We are not even a Top 30 program anymore.  :bigredn: would be lucky to get Scott.  He would be doing us a favor.  There are better programs this year then us and each of the next 5 years there will always be better programs and opportunities then :bigredn: .

I believe he will be :bigredn: .  I'm 100% in this ... and :bigredn: fans should be thankful and feel fortunate.

Nebraska is also the least likely to run him out the door after 3 years because he is an alumni that won a national championship. he'll get at least 5 years here compared to 3 at the other schools.

1 hour ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I hope we get him signed up before Jimbo Fisher signs with TAMU. Potentially having Florida State in the mix would really worry me. Moreso than Florida.

I hear ya, but that just means Lane Kiffin can go to Florida State. All Joey Freshwater needs to hear is that FSU used to be an all-girls school and he'll sign within minutes.

• Plus1 5

I hope Nebraska gets Scott Frost.  While UCF's season in 2015 did go horribly, their last coach George O'Leary did have a lot of success there and got them to a Fiesta Bowl.  I don't really think Scott can do much of anything there that hasn't been done before, so I think staying there is wasting his time.  UCF will never make the playoffs as long as they are a non-Power 5 school.  The path to a playoff spot is at least possible with Nebraska if he got them back up on their feet.