** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

29 minutes ago, lo country said:

Stoops, Venables, Morhead.........Patterson.... There are a lot of big name guys, but who would be available.  I think the biggest would be Stoops IMHO....

Hoping Christmas comes early.....

I wouldn't put Venables or Morhead in the "massive big name" category.

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Can anyone tell me what has exactly even happened since we started this thread 125 pages ago?

Was SE fired yet?

Was Moos hired already?

Riley still employed.

Florida & Tennessee fired their coaches.

That's about it for things with actual proof and substance.

Florida fired their head coach and have internal "fighting" about who should be the next coach. TN fired their coach and they are drunk hardcore on Gruden. Maybe they will get Gruden this time? Moos was hired and let UCF know that Scott Frost is wanted by Nebraska. In the big picture that is pretty much it. 

Like I have been saying, things are going to start to heat up next week, which anyone would already assume anyways. 

38 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Common sense would say they're dealing with Frost and the rest is a smoke screen. But some of those posters seem dead set on it being a huge name out of LF. It could be no one knows what the hell is going on. 

Ah, the old "big name" spew that every fanbase gets drunk over during a coaching search. Name me the last time Nebraska went out and hired a big name head coach. I will be waiting a long time for that answer. 

Scott Frost has always been the most realistic candidate, the best fit, and most likely to take the job of coaches that get press time (for this cycle of coaching changes). If Florida fails to land Kelly they will end up with someone like Kiffen or Strong. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Ah, the old "big name" spew that every fanbase gets drunk over during a coaching search. Name me the last time Nebraska went out and hired a big name head coach. I will be waiting a long time for that answer. 

Scott Frost has always been the most realistic candidate, the best fit, and most likely to take the job of coaches that get press time (for this cycle of coaching changes). If Florida fails to land Kelly they will end up with someone like Kiffen or Strong. 

With coaching searches who in the world knows.  Last time Riley was probably the least realistic option of anyone announced and look who we got.  Moos seems deeply connected to actual coaches who know the sport and could be on to a name we have not even heard yet.  I have more faith in his choice, whoever it may be, than SE's

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Overnight nuggets from the insiders on a certain paid messagboard: there are two groups over there one group has been told this is a done deal with Frost and he's N. The other group is saying Moos has bigger fish to fry and the name is massive - but they aren't mentioning the name (stoops?, Kelly?).

Disclaimer - none of this is my info and I'm not an insider.

Massive huh? Well I guess Mangino is our next coach guys. 

• Plus1 3

28 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

What is this now? 

Benning doing his usual Frost stuff that he has always been doing and some journalist from Omaha learned about how much of a God Scott Frost is in Orlando while still not being able to fill their stadium half full. Benning took the article and ran with it since it fits what he is privately hoping for (IMO). 

26 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

That article includes one of the better stadium fights I have seen.  The author's commentary on the participants is gold.  In the end, I have to say the Catholics triumph over the Convicts in a 5-2 split decision.  Miami fan ... :dunno

Edited by Husker N StL
grammar
  • Plus1 3
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Overnight nuggets from the insiders on a certain paid messagboard: there are two groups over there one group has been told this is a done deal with Frost and he's N. The other group is saying Moos has bigger fish to fry and the name is massive - but they aren't mentioning the name (stoops?, Kelly?).

Disclaimer - none of this is my info and I'm not an insider.

At this point, with how things are playing out, I'm not sure what name could be massive enough. Neither of those is a possibility, for instance.