** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

We are obviously at point that if Moos can't land Frost whoever comes in that coach is immediately going to have to try and unite the fan base.......yet again....If it isn't Frost it will look like a giant underwhelming hire and everyone will be questioning Moos' move. I'll just assume that Saban, Meyer, Stoops, Gruden, etc. are not coming to Nebraska.

So essentially here Moos has one job. Get Frost to Nebraska.

Don’t get the obsession with Gruden. He hasn’t coached in 10 years and been over 30 years at college level.  He wouldn’t even be that good of a hire 

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Another rumor but my dad has a source with connections to the university who is usually very reliable. He said the university is trying to find a way for Riley to “retire” gracefully and are making a very hard push for Frost. It appears Riley’s wife has a medical issue along the lines of dementia and his “out” may be to take care of her. He heard the offer to Frost is 7 years for 40 million. 

Wow. That may be why his wife is always with him. So sad. Dementia is such a debilitating disease. :(

29 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, and don't forget how Riley's wife had an 'allergy' to the home they were looking at. Honestly...if this is legit, this really does explain a whole hell of a lot over the past few years. Couldn't imagine having to run a football program like Nebraska and deal with such a draining, life-altering event. 

So why didn't he quit? Not to sound callous but if he wasn't able to do the job, he wasn't doing Nebraska a favor. Probably too early to speculate until more info comes out.

1 hour ago, SUHperman said:

It appears Riley’s wife has a medical issue along the lines of dementia and his “out” may be to take care of her. 

Listen, I wouldn't wish this diagnosis on anybody but, based upon the coaching job this year, are we sure that most of the NU coaching staff doesn't have dementia?

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

So why didn't he quit? Not to sound callous but if he wasn't able to do the job, he wasn't doing Nebraska a favor. Probably too early to speculate until more info comes out.

Idk, because he would lose MILLIONS of dollars that he could use for her care later? 

If this is at all true you should be ashamed of yourself for saying "he is not doing Nebraska a favor" by not quitting. Life is so much bigger than football and clearly you do not grasp that.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

Listen, I wouldn't wish this diagnosis on anybody but, based upon the coaching job this year, are we sure that most of the NU coaching staff doesn't have dementia?

Listen, this isn't something anyone should joke about.  We need to let this staff leave without any further bashing on our end imo.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, SUHperman said:

Another rumor but my dad has a source with connections to the university who is usually very reliable. He said the university is trying to find a way for Riley to “retire” gracefully and are making a very hard push for Frost. It appears Riley’s wife has a medical issue along the lines of dementia and his “out” may be to take care of her. He heard the offer to Frost is 7 years for 40 million. 

Guys, do not believe stuff like this.  This is absolute crap.  Even if it were true, it is not something we should be speculating on.

Mike Riley's wife is alive and well and doing just fine. Please, please, please stop with this crap. 

• Plus1 7
Just now, runningblind said:

Idk, because he would lose MILLIONS of dollars that he could use for her care later? 

If this is at all true you should be ashamed of yourself for saying "he is not doing Nebraska a favor" by not quitting. Life is so much bigger than football and clearly you do not grasp that.

Unreal. So sick of the finger wagging in this place. Riley's been coaching for 30 years. If he hasn't already banked millions then he is an idiot. If life is so much bigger than football, why didn't he step away from football?

• Plus1 1

I second the notion that his wife's health situation is better left alone. If true, my heart truly goes out to him and his family, but nothing has come out publicly and we do not know what is true and what is not. Let's keep the focus of this thread on Frost.

Edited by khaake
  • Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

My view.

Saban makes 11.

Harbaugh makes 8.

Where do we want to be?

2.1 Billion sitting in the general fund for the University. 

200 million plus a year in donations. 

Football program will bank 60 million over expenses this year. 

Give him the largest assistant and recruiting budget in the Country. Pay him whatever it takes. Make a statement. 

We will not go quietly into the night

Welcome to Earth.

Edited by Jeremy