** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

This of course is just a guess.  But doesn’t Frost have 3 Nebraska guys already on his staff?   It would be very hard in my opinion to believe that if given the option to come back to Nebraska that he wouldn’t do it.  1. More money. 2. More money for his assistants and 3.  He and 3 of his coaches could come home to Nebraska.  Plus Rittenburg is showing that Nebraska will push hard and make him an offer he just might can’t refuse. I don’t agree with Damon Benning for many reasons.  1. I don’t believe the job will be open the next time he might want it.  2.  I personally think Damon holds a grudge internally that Frosts involvement with LP gf and what happened led him down the path to LP demise.  Just a theory on why he is dismissing Frost.  

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So the post I made earlier about the fishing buddy who knows things. In earth shattering fashion he heard an update that we offered the same contract amount to frost and peterson and told them whoever responds first gets it. 

No offense to your fishing buddy, but Moos needs shown the back pasture if he decides it that way.

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Ok, Adam knows nothing. Random RSS posters have all of the info. 

:facepalm:

Think realistically about this. 

Who's involved in decision to fire Mike Riley, and if he's fired, to replace him?

How big is that room?

And what kind of dollar figures are we talking about in that process - how many millions?

Then ask yourself - what kind of person is admitted into that room, where millions of dollars are at stake?  People who keep their mouth shut or people who talk a lot?

When you arrive at the latter choice, ask yourself how Adam Rittenberg, who hasn't set foot in Lincoln in weeks and who does not have the confidence of anyone in that room, get information on what decisions are being made in that room? 

And when you realize he doesn't have that confidence and they won't tell him anything, and nor will any agent/agent's staff, or any coach, or their families, or anyone involved, ask yourself where Rittenberg is getting that information?  Or random posters on an RSS? 

tl;dr - nobody knows what's going on - not RSS posters, not local or national media types, nobody.  Anyone who does isn't talking, because talking means termination.

• Plus1 7

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Think realistically about this. 

Who's involved in decision to fire Mike Riley, and if he's fired, to replace him?

How big is that room?

And what kind of dollar figures are we talking about in that process - how many millions?

Then ask yourself - what kind of person is admitted into that room, where millions of dollars are at stake?  People who keep their mouth shut or people who talk a lot?

When you arrive at the latter choice, ask yourself how Adam Rittenberg, who hasn't set foot in Lincoln in weeks and who does not have the confidence of anyone in that room, get information on what decisions are being made in that room? 

And when you realize he doesn't have that confidence and they won't tell him anything, and nor will any agent/agent's staff, or any coach, or their families, or anyone involved, ask yourself where Rittenberg is getting that information?  Or random posters on an RSS? 

tl;dr - nobody knows what's going on - not RSS posters, not local or national media types, nobody.  Anyone who does isn't talking, because talking means termination.

Adam said he got the info from his contacts at UCF. People can chose to ignore Adam if they want to, but that also doesn't make Adam's info wrong. 

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Adam said he got the info from his contacts at UCF. People can chose to ignore Adam if they want to, but that also doesn't make Adam's info wrong. 

"There is knowledge on the UCF staff that Nebraska is going to make a major offer for Scott Frost, which is not a huge shock. Nebraska is in a very compromised position. They have to get rid of a third year coach in Mike Riley, you have a new Athletic Director in Bill Moos, they've slipped out of national relevance as you know, so they don't have a lot of leverage here whereas Scott has all the leverage. I think this is going to be an offer that will be outside the market that you typically see for a second year head coach at the Group of 5 level. So its going to be a major major offer. I'm not saying he's definitely going to accept it, but there is a belief on that coaching staff that there is a very good chance that Scott is heading home to Nebraska. So we will see what happens, but again Nebraska is poised to make a very strong commitment. No formal contact with UCF, you can't do that when you still have a coach, but it is coming from Big Red."

Where?  Where did he say he had contacts at UCF saying this stuff?
  • Plus1 2