** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Peterson would be a home run. Him being unhappy at Washington could be true, he was really upset with the PAC-12 and the scheduling with the conference.

However, let's get Frost.

Peterson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frost

I would be absolutely floored if Peterson came to NU and deliriously happy.   

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

abbcaa9ddfe856683cda20e6ee5757bb3783c01a

FLorida = gotta make up a reason we failed to land Scott Frost. can't say he rejected us. 

Fake insider = pretend to have had a long conversation with a person of power, now knows all everything Husker football, make outlandish claim, come back later after an article is written and make up fake connections inside UCF. 

2 hours ago, jauken said:

This of course is just a guess.  But doesn’t Frost have 3 Nebraska guys already on his staff?   It would be very hard in my opinion to believe that if given the option to come back to Nebraska that he wouldn’t do it.  1. More money. 2. More money for his assistants and 3.  He and 3 of his coaches could come home to Nebraska.  Plus Rittenburg is showing that Nebraska will push hard and make him an offer he just might can’t refuse. I don’t agree with Damon Benning for many reasons.  1. I don’t believe the job will be open the next time he might want it.  2.  I personally think Damon holds a grudge internally that Frosts involvement with LP gf and what happened led him down the path to LP demise.  Just a theory on why he is dismissing Frost.  

Damon has said multiple times on multiple platforms that he doesn't have anything against Frost. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

"The poster that I am talking about attends the meetings with the big wigs and he said it is true about the two way communication."

That person sits at a table where everyone earns high six figures and they talk about private matters involving millions of dollars, but then that person goes to a message board and discloses private information to people they don't know.

That is 100% believable.  I absolutely believe that is true. 

17 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Here is why this is comical; these are quotes from you in this thread, citing or linking info from message board posters.

"FWIW....

http://www.gatorchatter.com/threads/source-chip-kelly-to-be-announced-on-friday.17934/

Yeah...but the most trusted Nebraska poster that I know posted that he has confirmed that there is in fact two way communication between UNL and Frost/Agent."

"The poster that I am talking about attends the meetings with the big wigs and he said it is true about the two way communication. He doesn't have any confirmation that Scott Frost is coming through and I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise without confirmation of it."

"He is the guy where I am getting the DB, DL and WR coaches potentially retained. 

No s surprise, but a connected poster on another Nebraska stated  this "He’s at the top of the list and from what I’ve heard it’s a full court press for him. That said there are others on Moos’ short list and quality people available or who will come available." his full post was longer, but that is the imporant part."

"JAV (just a vol) on 247, the most reliable insider for TN on that forum, is saying Chip Kelly to Florida may not happen. Frost to UF isn't going to happen."

"On the free board for RSS people say Scott Frost wants a 7 year deal. 

The Florida Rivals insider is saying the contract with Chip is close to getting signed."

"Pm me for a screen shot of the post or go to GatorChatter or gator country.

Folks at GatorCountry have basically written off Scott Frost to Nebraska this afternoon."

"That Florida insider that leaked the McElwain firing on that Friday afternoon/evening said he is hearing Chip Kelly and UF took another push at Scott Frost. He posts reliable info and it makes sense."

"I'm sure if UF is going to be hiring Chip Kelly that it will be this week. Maybe by the middle of the week?

The Florida insider said they tried to get him wrapped up. He was the only guy they were going after. A clear #1 target. Scott Frost wasn't budging. They decided on Wednesday to move on From Scott Frost. They said he wants the Nebraska job. They spoke with Chip Kelly to gather information about Scott Frost during this process. Chip and Florida established mutual interest and they offered him the job (verbally) this week and he accepted. Now starts the process of doing the contract negotiations, lawyer review, etc. 

$5.2M offer to Coach Frost according to a post on a Nebraska forum. Others will be able to see it to know if that poster is reliable or not."

"Two Florida sites are saying it is Chip.  He reached out to Florida according to what they are saying. Frost is holding out for Nebraska. Likely to be annouced next week."

So it's fine as long as it fits your opinion/rumor..... But if it doesn't, it's just some random poster and discarded.

However the national media is always right, as long as it fits your opiniom/rumor. But when it doesn't: 

"There is a reason why they are coming. The national media has been clueess the whole time."

Another quote by you. 

PS: I think Frost will end up at Nebraska and Chip at UF. But can't wait for Jessica to act like she/he "called it".

I have said since day 1 that Frost is our next head coach. There is no "I called it, you guys suck" crap that you are trying to portray. 

And the info I am quote is the most trusted of the info that you can get from the boards, not some stupid random crap that you can find anywhere like you find on RSS. NOtice that I never posted about an 11am conference this morning announcing Chip Kelly...SMH. 

What some posters are upset about isn't the info that I share, it is that I am calling them out with their fake info and they are taking it personal for some odd reason. 

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

To the bold... why?   Ms. McEwen is an adult and can date whomever she chooses.  If she chooses to break up with one guy and date another, that's her business.  Frost is also free to date whomever he chooses, and Phillips has no claim over a girl who breaks up with him.  That's a very old-fashioned concept. 

County Scholarships are a lie perpetuated by our old "friends" in the Big 8, mostly Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado - the have-nots of the old Big 8.  They alleged that Nebraska wa able to build a good team that beat their ass all the time, in part, because we were giving walk-ons money under the table.  They alleged these were called "County Scholarships" and everyone from boosters to Tom Osborne to (apparently?) locals in the counties the walk-ons grew up in were all in on this vast conspiracy. 

I mean, how else could Nebraska beat them all the time?  It's not like those teams sucked or anything...

Except it was true. But this was happening all over.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

County Scholarships are a lie perpetuated by our old "friends" in the Big 8, mostly Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado - the have-nots of the old Big 8.  They alleged that Nebraska wa able to build a good team that beat their ass all the time, in part, because we were giving walk-ons money under the table.  They alleged these were called "County Scholarships" and everyone from boosters to Tom Osborne to (apparently?) locals in the counties the walk-ons grew up in were all in on this vast conspiracy. 

I mean, how else could Nebraska beat them all the time?  It's not like those teams sucked or anything...

I don't know much about county scholarships. This is how it was explained to me, by someone who isn't a Nebraska fan.

Nebraska had numerous kinds of academic scholarships. They had a specific kind that were dubbed county scholarships. They were called that because they went to the best walkon in-state football player in each county.

Some say it's true, some it isn't. I don't really care. Even if it is true, I don't think it would have anything to do with Nebraska's struggles today. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We can agree to disagree about that. I know there's locker-room etiquette involved, but as we're seeing in society today, not all of those locker-room codes bear perpetuating. 

It is exactly that locker-room etiquette that perpetuates a dislike about Frost today, and is germane to your question that started this whole sidebar. 

I think it's just etiquette and respect, locker room or not. If you want to throw caution to wind and do whatever you want without thinking about repercussions, then you got the free will to do it. Maybe Scott did run it by LP and LP still flilpped, who knows? The optics of the whole situation aren't great.

4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Peterson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frost

I would be absolutely floored if Peterson came to NU and deliriously happy.   

What I said many moons ago regarding this is, if not Frost, I just want to know why. I respect the consistency with which Petersen had Boise, and the heights at which he seems to be taking Washington. However, as I've shown (and others) in this thread through videos and commentary, I believe Frost has the potential (key word) to be an extremely special coach. It's not his record or stats that have impressed me this year, it's how he continually handles one would be distraction after another. The hurricane, birth of his first child, an undefeated season, calling of his alma mater, and the Star Wars loot box scandal. All of them, in the same season, and he doesn't even flinch. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

There were no "County Scholarships." 

Maybe there weren't. I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that in terms of shady things colleges can do to help them win, the idea of county scholarships doesn't seem to rank that high to me. At least in a state like Nebraska.

In Texas, California or Florida? Yes, that would seem very advantageous.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

What some posters are upset about isn't the info that I share, it is that I am calling them out with their fake info and they are taking it personal for some odd reason. 

What some would like to remind you is you post things that aren't true and then don't have the common courtesy to admit you're wrong. 

• Plus1 2