** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Well a former colleague of mine whom I trust said he was offered a scholarship at Nebraska. TO talked to him in person even to recruit him to kick. The guy looked like a linebacker in those days, you never would've gused he was a kicker. But at a luncheon with other players, a gentleman went around and explained to the players that there wold be "red coats" that would visit them from time to time. They were to take the envelope handed to them by the red coat and open it later. He ended up not going to Lincoln because his goal was med school. Maybe he made it all up. But I would be stunned if he did. I'd trust his word over just about anyone's.

Not sure why that would keep him from coming to Lincoln.

17 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I have said since day 1 that Frost is our next head coach. There is no "I called it, you guys suck" crap that you are trying to portray. 

And the info I am quote is the most trusted of the info that you can get from the boards, not some stupid random crap that you can find anywhere like you find on RSS. NOtice that I never posted about an 11am conference this morning announcing Chip Kelly...SMH. 

What some posters are upset about isn't the info that I share, it is that I am calling them out with their fake info and they are taking it personal for some odd reason. 

You and 90% of Husker Nation has thought that from Day 1, he's the obvious likely choice. You don't care about being right, but immediate follow it by posting another statement bragging that it supports your opinion.

You share info from the most trusted people on boards, in your opinion. Once again, your opinion. Let others have their own. 

What posters are tired of is you running down and discrediting everyone else's opinion because of their sources, yet cite similar random sources. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

The connection inside the UCF AD's office has overheard that Frost has a couple offers that allegedly are way more attractive to him than the Nebraska job based on what SF has allegedly been saying around their complex.

OK....I very highly doubt if Frost is going around the UCF offices openly discussing what offers he has.

This makes me believe your source if full of hooey.

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What "info" are you talking about?  Russo doesn't say anything concrete enough to rebut. It's all speculation, no names on record, just his opinion.

What is there here to discredit?

With all of this talk about how we process news in the last year, it's important to see where we get the disconnect. Look at the tweet and look at the report.

Tweet: Russo is now reporting that Scott Frost is #1 choice for Nebraska.

Actual report: "I think I've heard enough through the grapevine to feel very confident that the guy they want in Nebraska is Scott Frost."

These are not the same thing, so they shouldn't be treated as such. If Russo had said, "Bill Moos says...." then that's different, that's a direct source saying something. That report is just Russo's opinion based on a bunch of things he doesn't cite. 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Herbie Husker said:

According to the insider who has a connection inside the UCF AD's office, he's overheard in their office that Frost has a couple offers that are "WAY more attractive to him based on what he (Frost) has been heard saying around the offices."

Ok, this is just ridiculous. 

Ok, this is just ridiculous.  Way more attractive as in what?  Money , location, cars, hookers, etc.  I have no doubt we can compete with offers.  We may not get him but we will be in the game.  

Edited by Mr.Hand
  • Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can just picture Scott walking around UCF's campus talking openly about the job offers he's getting. That's so like Scott.

(Scene - UCF Campus, mid Fall)

SCOTT FROST APPROACHES FROM STAGE LEFT, WALKS TOWARD TWO APPARENT COLLEGE STUDENTS WEARING BACKPACKS AND UGGS

Scott Frost:  Good afternoon! I am Scott Frost, Head Coach at UCF.  I have been receiving job offers from many Universities to coach their football teams.

Student 1: Uhh... OK.

Scott Frost:  I would like to tell you about these many offers.  They are attractive!

Student 2: We have to get to class.

Scott Frost:  Many of these offers are more attractive than others. Some are from colleges far from here. Some are from this very state.

Student 2: Dude, we gotta--

Scott Frost: One offer is from the University of Nebraska. It is my alma mater!

Student 1: We know. Can we go now?

Scott Frost:  The offer from the University of Nebraska is attractive. It contains many attractive things.

Student 2: Bro...

Scott Frost:  But other offers from other universities to be their head football coach are even more attractive! I am receiving so many attractive offers! HAHAHAHA!!

THE STUDENTS QUICKLY EXEUNT STAGE LEFT

A SQUIRREL APPEARS

Scott Frost:  Hello forest creature! I am Scott Frost, head football coach at UCF! I would like to talk to you about the many attractive job offers I am receiving!

Squirrel: <says nothing because it is a squirrel>

Scott Frost: HAHAHAHA!!!

RALPH RUSSO CITES LOCAL CAMPUS SQUIRREL AS SOURCE IN HIS NEXT MAILBAG

(End Scene)

Brilliant. The squirrel bit is the best.