** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

New guy here. Well actually old guy and used to frequent the board a lot but grew silent after Riley hire and changed my handle to protect the innocent. Now I'm just contributing to the number of pages for now. I just got this feeling the stars are aligning and patience is a virtue (say it ever year). Regardless next year's schedule is killer so any thoughts that Riley remains is ridiculous and actually a foregone conclusion (quoting Mr Obvious himself). It will be a gut punch if Frost isn't the new guy. Just my thoughts anyways.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Losing Chip Kelly is not the end of the world. I'm not clear what would really "backfire" here, or why it deserves a good laugh.

Because the AD was dumb enough to allow the Chip and Frost info to leak. Now fans will know if they go with STrong that the AD failed to get his top targets and if Strong struggles the fans will be after Strong to get him fired like they did this year with McElwain. There is a reason why AD's don't want people to know how far down the list they had to go before landing someone. 

Basically fans will be pissed from the start and losses will only get them more angry. 

You don't want coaching searches to leak. You want firing to hire to go quickly like Texas did with Herman. Everyone was saying Herman to LSU, deal on table, ready to sign, and then BOOM UT comes and less than 24 hours later he is the Texas head coach. Only way you can have a deal done that quickly is to have an offer already sitting on the table agreed in principle. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, np_husker said:

Assuming it is Frost, what day do all of you think an official announcement would be made?

IMO, if he loses to USF, which could happen, then Sunday or Monday after the last regular season game. I would be shocked if there isn't an offer waiting to be signed by then. If he beats USF then I bet we get a leak about him heading to Nebraska, all parties will deny, and then Saturday night or Sunday after the conference title game he is announced. Don't care when a presser would be, just a deal on the table. The wife will be able to fly her kid to LIncoln via a private plane. 

• Plus1 1