** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I do agree with you but I didn’t get the impression that his demeanor was communicating that Scott wasn’t coming which is what you said in this post. I think we are saying the sane thing but have a different opinion as to his body language? Matt is being a wise radio personality as well as a good friend to Scott by not getting involved in the rumor mill. 

I agree that Scott is not getting involved in the rumor mill. He is working very hard to remain neutral in his body language and words when talking about Frost. 

Does he knows one way or another? You can bet your bottom dollar he does. But Matt is not going tip his hand either way. Too much on the line.

2 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

I agree that Scott is not getting involved in the rumor mill. He is working very hard to remain neutral in his body language and words when talking about Frost. 

Does he knows one way or another? You can bet your bottom dollar he does. But Matt is not going tip his hand either way. Too much on the line.

I agree with you. :) (He needs to continue to work on his body language.)

Edited by ladyhawke
  • Plus1 1
BenTrillGriffin said: 
Yessir, when I initially got word of Chip - which was the 10th the hire had already been cleared by SEC. That news didn't even come out till days later on the internet. My initial timeline was Monday at the earliest, end of the week at the latest based on what I was told. Tomorrow we see.

I've talked to my folks daily since then to see what's going on and it's literally contracts. Chip and his people want what they want, and they want it all in writing. Then I got the assistants being vetted piece.

So between Friday and now there have been things thrown into the negotiation that Chip wants, and that UF wants to do their due diligence on before committing to. Be it facilities, incentives, assistants (who they are, what is the budget to pay them), etc. This whole week has been contract talk. The difference between what's happening now and say Coach Boom and Coach Mac is a bigger fish. A guy that's been around, a guy that has a plan of action already that require certain pieces, this dude literally knows exactly what he wants to do and how he wants to go about it. He knows how to win and knows what he'll need to win here.

Outside of "it's being ironed out, it's happening, be patient" I got nothing. Once both sides get the legal mumbo where they want it it'll be announced. I don't think he's asking for anything outlandish to make UF back off.

No news is good news right now. Because the only other news that could come about outside of the hire being announced is that things fell through. We'd rather it be quiet while they hash out the details.

6 minutes ago, jessica0 said:
BenTrillGriffin said: 
Yessir, when I initially got word of Chip - which was the 10th the hire had already been cleared by SEC. That news didn't even come out till days later on the internet. My initial timeline was Monday at the earliest, end of the week at the latest based on what I was told. Tomorrow we see.

I've talked to my folks daily since then to see what's going on and it's literally contracts. Chip and his people want what they want, and they want it all in writing. Then I got the assistants being vetted piece.

So between Friday and now there have been things thrown into the negotiation that Chip wants, and that UF wants to do their due diligence on before committing to. Be it facilities, incentives, assistants (who they are, what is the budget to pay them), etc. This whole week has been contract talk. The difference between what's happening now and say Coach Boom and Coach Mac is a bigger fish. A guy that's been around, a guy that has a plan of action already that require certain pieces, this dude literally knows exactly what he wants to do and how he wants to go about it. He knows how to win and knows what he'll need to win here.

Outside of "it's being ironed out, it's happening, be patient" I got nothing. Once both sides get the legal mumbo where they want it it'll be announced. I don't think he's asking for anything outlandish to make UF back off.

No news is good news right now. Because the only other news that could come about outside of the hire being announced is that things fell through. We'd rather it be quiet while they hash out the details.

See...how do you do it?

8 minutes ago, jessica0 said:
BenTrillGriffin said: 

I feel like I need a shower after looking at that site.

21 minutes ago, jessica0 said:
BenTrillGriffin said: 

Not to be a dick, but what does a post from a random gator country user have to do with Scott Frost? 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Pilot041 said:

Director Moos was hired at the recommendation of coach Osborne to retain Scott Frost, raise money and unite the Nebraska fan base. There's no one else on a list. It's already been agreed upon. Scott Frost will be your new head football coach.  Go Big Red! 

Brook Berringer's ghost?

13 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Not to be a dick, but what does a post from a random gator country user have to do with Scott Frost? 

You serious? UF was all hot and heavy about wanting Scott Frost and didn't get him. So they have turned to Chip Kelly. Once the Florida job is officially filled then there isn't any other competition out there right now for Scott Frost besides him staying at UCF. TN isn't on the table. 

Arky isn't going to be after Scott Frost. If there is a job that opens that people cause some stress would be FSU, but by the time that job would open, if Jimbo left to A&M, would be too late since Scott Frost would be off to Nebraska by then (officially or not officially). 

That A&M job will get some interest if it indeed opens up.