** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Bornhusker said:

That is also very arrogant! He is not supposed to be talking to any teams at this point. UCF would not give permission while the season is still going.

There is simply no way many major coaching hires would happen unless universities/agents were allowed to court current coaches at other universities.

I job searched, interviewed and spoke to potential employers for months before telling my last employer I was leaving. It is what it is.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Why would 2 power 5 coaches take the time to contact writers at HO?  Smh...  I'm sure any P5 coach with that kind of time on their hands would choose to spend it spreading rumors.  Let's say this again...  We are all falling prey to the media guys who are trying to get clicks.  They are coming up with anything they think will be of interest to us.  Albeit some is entertaining, it is mostly BS...even from "the most respected".  

Somehow I feel like that's something lane kiffin would have done

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

There is simply no way many major coaching hires would happen unless universities/agents were allowed to court current coaches at other universities.

I job searched, interviewed and spoke to potential employers for months before telling my last employer I was leaving. It is what it is.

I would venture to say, that at this point, Moos has not talked directly to Frost.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Why would 2 power 5 coaches take the time to contact writers at HO?  Smh...  I'm sure any P5 coach with that kind of time on their hands would choose to spend it spreading rumors.  Let's say this again...  We are all falling prey to the media guys who are trying to get clicks.  They are coming up with anything they think will be of interest to us.  Albeit some is entertaining, it is mostly BS...even from "the most respected".  

To play devils advocate, Clouse worded it as the coaches contacted him to see if he had heard if SF had a staff in place at Nebraska. So not trying to give info to Clouse but to inquire about staff decisions.

So what's this Texas AM being an attractive job for Frost? What I've read in this thread, it made it sound like Texas AM, if it opened, would be a potential landing spot for Frost. Huh? Other then the incredible amounts of money the Aggies could offer what is the attractiveness to that job? And why would Frost be interested in them?

Texas AM may be one of the hardest jobs in the country. Yes they have a ton of money, and located in a great recruiting area, but you're in the SEC West, and you aren't even the most popular or favorite team within your own state. Unless you get the Alabama or LSU head coaching job, I don't think any job in the SEC West is attractive.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I would tend to agree with this. I think Moos is a calculated guy who wants things figured out so as soon as he fires riley he has an announcement ready for the new guy. When he was at washington state I believe the timeline was he fired the standing coach and 2 days later announced Leach. I would assume he is approaching this situation the same. Especially with early signing- no way we can afford to wait till after Frost is done on 12/2 and stumble around for a week or 2 negotiating and by that time signing day is here.

46 minutes ago, Enhance said:

haha, I didn't say it doesn't happen, but it happens via their agent.. and you sure as hell don't talk about it to your current employer, just like you said, you wait until the season is over and you are ready.

EDIT: unless you are a major college coach, your job search is a tad different.. Scott isn't job searching, others are reaching out to his agent, Frost is going about his business, as far as UCF is concerned.

Edited by Bornhusker

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

My questions were directed to another poster-not you, with regards to the statement Pedro made: “Scott Frost has been in the UCF athletic department offices talking about all the offers he has been getting.“.  I was seeking clarification from that post. I’m not sure what you are referring to?

No worries.  I'm simply pointing out the sheer absurdity of Pedro's statement.  It makes it sound like Scott Frost is skipping down the halls chatty Cathying it up with anyone who will listen that he's getting a bunch of job offers.    

37 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

So what's this Texas AM being an attractive job for Frost? What I've read in this thread, it made it sound like Texas AM, if it opened, would be a potential landing spot for Frost. Huh? Other then the incredible amounts of money the Aggies could offer what is the attractiveness to that job? And why would Frost be interested in them?

Texas AM may be one of the hardest jobs in the country. Yes they have a ton of money, and located in a great recruiting area, but you're in the SEC West, and you aren't even the most popular or favorite team within your own state. Unless you get the Alabama or LSU head coaching job, I don't think any job in the SEC West is attractive.

Agree 100%.  Texas A&M is the most overrated 'big name' job in the country.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The Swags sources be talking a little louder today. Other D1 coaches be assuming the Oracle of Orlando is returning to the land of the corn. 

PS my source is Nate Clouse on Tunnel Talk

PS someone help me, I can't stop

Although the sock is now a pile of lint he is channeling himself through you. Just let it flow.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

No worries.  I'm simply pointing out the sheer absurdity of Pedro's statement.  It makes it sound like Scott Frost is skipping down the halls chatty Cathying it up with anyone who will listen that he's getting a bunch of job offers.    

Lol. I’m laughing at your “Chatty Cathy” reference. I always thought that doll was a little creepy!  I totally agree with your outlook. Scott wouldn’t do that. He seems to be too principled to do something unethical? like that. Pedro-no offense. Like many of us you’re just sharing info.