** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

The sooner the better but I think it would be a great experience and accomplishment for him if he made it to a conference title game. And that's irrelevant of his future coaching status. I just think that would be a cool achievement for a former player of ours.

Do you think any excitement would be lost in our fan base if he lost? Vs being undefeated 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Do you think any excitement would be lost in our fan base if he lost? Vs being undefeated 

I think most people would be relatively un-phased by this point though I'm sure some would undoubtedly be disappointed.

I look at it like this: Frost has become a really good coaching candidate based on several current (or perhaps apparent would be a better word) college football standards. Most will still consider him a valuable candidate even if they were to lose a game or multiple games the rest of the season.

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Got a little Q&A for you guys. 2 options. 

1. Do you want Frost to beat USF and go to conference championship game and win, then we find out on 12/4 if he is our new coach?

2. Do you want Frost to lose to USF and we then find out if Frost is our new coach on 11/25?

I was thinking this, as well. From SF's standpoint, more success in this season just makes it easier for him to say he has kept his word:

"A lot of coaches are in a hurry to take the next step," Frost says. "I think you get yourself in trouble when you take a step before you're ready or before the time is right. I'm committed to making this place [UCF] a really good football program that can win and win consistently in our league. I'm not planning on looking for a job until we get to that point." (SF in Dec. 2016).

Nobody can't say that he hasn't done that already, but going out truly on Top of the conference and ranked (possibly even with a Jan. 1 bowl in his pocket?) would be the icing on his cake and another nice line on his resume. That being said "the time is right" RIGHT NOW for him to take his stated #1 Goal of the NU Head Coaching position. And the longer things go on, the more one gets worried about something coming along that throws a wrench in the proceedings (such as a headline of an unwanted sexual advance from decades ago, etc.). I tend to expect the unexpected and know that college football can often be a game of dirty pool. I'd sign him sooner rather than later, even if it means letting him stay to coach a Jan. 1 bowl game.

54 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Got a little Q&A for you guys. 2 options. 

1. Do you want Frost to beat USF and go to conference championship game and win, then we find out on 12/4 if he is our new coach?

2. Do you want Frost to lose to USF and we then find out if Frost is our new coach on 11/25?

Ultimately, I'd prefer to find out Frost is the new Nebraska coach on 11/25. However, it's been SOOOOO long since Nebraska won a conference title. A conference title by proxy* would be nice. Gives us two reasons to cheer.

* - Yes, that was a joke.

We moved to the Orlando area a little over a year ago. Very challenging to fill the UCF stadium for a variety of reasons. Mostly because there is just too many things to see and do in the Orlando area. The weather is beautiful (most of the time) tons of entertainment and outdoor events. I am out and about every day here--and am on the UCF campus about twice a month. I don't think I have seen more than 5 people wearing a UCF hat or shirt since the season started. That, among other things may be a compelling reason for him to leave UCF.

On a somewhat related note----does anyone see any possible parallels between Harbaugh at Michigan and a potential Frost to Nebraska scenario?