** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

47 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Harbaugh is staring down the barrel of a 3rd consecutive 10-3 season with a 3rd consecutive 3rd place finish in his division.  I would like our next coach to not parallel that if they can.  Should probably look to do better

10-3 would not put us at 3rd in the west, but even if it did, I would be so completely 100% fine with Scott starting his NU coaching career going 10-3 in his first three years, including a #11 and a #10 finish, and an orange bowl appearance. 

• Plus1 6
Just now, Landlord said:

10-3 would not put us at 3rd in the west, but even if it did, I would be so completely 100% fine with Scott starting his NU coaching career going 10-3 in his first three years, including a #11 and a #10 finish, and an orange bowl appearance. 

110% agree with this 

Not sure I believe or disbelieve the insider comments within this thread as to me, it is 140 pages of speculation and hopes and opinions. That being the case, I will throw my opinion out here as a Husker Donor and supporter of athletics. It might be a situation that Frost knows he would like to do something here, but it is not in his current or at the forefront of his mind. If he is as good of a coach as everyone hopes he is, or could be, you would think he has his mind on one thing, and that is his current teams next game. 

If things come together where he can make an educated decision, and at whatever moment that is, I am sure he will let us all know. 

Is this how positing an opinion works, its been a while :dunno

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was thinking to myself earlier about how quick some people are to jump on a bandwagon...  How many of you have ever watched a complete game that Scott has coached as a head coach?  I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to drag people down but I know of several people who are begging for Scott to be our next coach but they have no clue what the product he puts on the field even looks like.  

I think most/many of us have.  I have even seen it in person against Navy, and was toying with it in person again tomorrow (can't afterall, unfortunately).

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Michigan is 8-2 right now with games against Wisconsin and Ohio State remaining...  they aren't going 10-3 this season.  Maybe 8-5 or 9-4...

2 minutes ago, FlipPhone said:

I think most/many of us have.  I have even seen it in person against Navy, and was toying with it in person again tomorrow (can't afterall, unfortunately).

I think a good % on this forum have but I think we all likely know people pining for him to come home who don't really have a clue what he is about.  Just a thought to kill some time.  I have seen it and like what I see for the most part.

21 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

I don't know man. I'd probably take three straight 10-3 seasons. A 10-3 season in the Big 10 west also means you're probably not finishing third in your division. 

How many division, conference, or national championships has Harbaugh coached in since coming to Michigan?  Same number as Mike Riley.  We only care about 10-3 because it's better than 4-8 or whatever we end up with.

Plus you can't dissect the parallel by division.  The parallel is 10-3 with 3rd place finishes in 3 straight years.  So the answer is no.  I do not want that parallel.  I want better.

5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Michigan is 8-2 right now with games against Wisconsin and Ohio State remaining...  they aren't going 10-3 this season.  Maybe 8-5 or 9-4...

They get anything out of a QB and those are very winnable games. I like them this weekend. If we were still doing bold predictions, they'd top my list.

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was thinking to myself earlier about how quick some people are to jump on a bandwagon...  How many of you have ever watched a complete game that Scott has coached as a head coach?  I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to drag people down but I know of several people who are begging for Scott to be our next coach but they have no clue what the product he puts on the field even looks like.  

I watched a couple and wanted to watch more but they were on CBSSN which I don't get. I liked what I saw. A lot of people might only see top 25 ranking and being undefeated to get them onboard. Nothing wrong with wanting that, given where we are now. 

17 minutes ago, brophog said:

Massive props to @Huskerzoo

Thanks again. I've only gotten through about 100 pages so far. I'm sure there's another 2 or 3 posts in the last 40 pages. :bang

There do seem to be more rumors going about now, but many are repetitive or get at slightly different angles. The long story is we still don't know what's going on, but the timeline has been fascinating. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I think a good % on this forum have but I think we all likely know people pining for him to come home who don't really have a clue what he is about.  Just a thought to kill some time.  I have seen it and like what I see for the most part.

My only reservation is will running a spread offense hinder our defense to prepare for teams like Wisconsin and Iowa? It looks like a lot of teams in the AAC run similar (to each other) offenses.

Edited by 4skers89
16 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

This is a good point, I think most people see a former Husker with a lot of W's and that's all they need to see to get worked up about him. 

I was a late comer to the party. It was more of a relenting thing. Somebody has to be coach, so why not him? He's who everyone seems to want, I can't think of anyone better so that's cool. 

• Plus1 1