** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

23 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was thinking to myself earlier about how quick some people are to jump on a bandwagon...  How many of you have ever watched a complete game that Scott has coached as a head coach?  I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to drag people down but I know of several people who are begging for Scott to be our next coach but they have no clue what the product he puts on the field even looks like.  

Have seen a few games on tv.  I like what I have seen on both sides of the ball.  regardless of conference/scheme/talent etc they appear disciplined and well coached.  They grasp the fundamentals of football that our guys seem to miss.  They also appear to have fun.  

22 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was thinking to myself earlier about how quick some people are to jump on a bandwagon...  How many of you have ever watched a complete game that Scott has coached as a head coach?  I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to drag people down but I know of several people who are begging for Scott to be our next coach but they have no clue what the product he puts on the field even looks like.  

I think you are greatly over simplifying this.  It's way more than just an ex-Husker with a bunch of Ws.

When you look at the coaches he has been under, his experience on both sides of the ball (both playing and coaching), He actually was a DC at one time and now his success as an OC at a very good football program......then you see him take a team that didn't win a game the year before he got there and now has them undefeated........it's pretty simple to look at this guy and see he is a top coaching prospect no matter where he played football.

10 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Great article.  Thanks for posting.  If folks are looking for Nebraska's identity, it's been found.  Here in these 3 paragraphs.  Frost gets it.  I hope we get him.  Just his philosophy alone would transform this team.  There is nothing in this current team that remotely resembles the "team" described in the following paragraphs.....Not a knock on the kids, that's the coaches....

Then there’s Osborne, whose impact can be seen in every aspect of Frost’s program at UCF. His offense has woven in pieces of Osborne’s scheme at Nebraska. The way the Knights practice, lift weights, train, compete — all are borrowed from Osborne’s blueprint. The feeling is mutual: Osborne “thinks the world of” Frost, said White.

As a player, Frost would hear from Osborne if he didn’t cut block on the Cornhuskers’ toss plays or went out of bounds instead of lowering his shoulder along the sideline. As a coach, he finds himself echoing Osborne’s message: The first thing UCF skill players learn, for example, isn’t route trees but blocking schemes.

“I think those things have given us an edge, and those are definitely things that we’ve gotten from Nebraska,” Frost said. “I think the toughness that he brought to our program making our team go live in the week, making it competitive, emphasizing everybody, including the quarterback, being tough — those things rubbed off on me.”

Edited by lo country
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think you are greatly over simplifying this.  It's way more than just an ex-Husker with a bunch of Ws.

When you look at the coaches he has been under, his experience on both sides of the ball (both playing and coaching), He actually was a DC at one time and now his success as an OC at a very good football program......then you see him take a team that didn't win a game the year before he got there and now has them undefeated........it's pretty simple to look at this guy and see he is a top coaching prospect no matter where he played football.

Several other ex-Huskers coaching that haven't accomplished what Frost has.  Minter and Turner come to mind.  Like you said, look at his path from there to here....He's accomplished a lot and built a hell of a resume.  As a college player, NFL player and stops along his coaching route, teaching both sides of the ball....

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

“I think those things have given us an edge, and those are definitely things that we’ve gotten from Nebraska,” Frost said. “I think the toughness that he brought to our program making our team go live in the week, making it competitive, emphasizing everybody, including the quarterback, being tough — those things rubbed off on me.”

I was about to post that paragraph too. These are keys to success at Nebraska. Scott understands this.

Edited by 4skers89
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with you completely... But in my opinion, a good % of our fan base isn't as educated on the subject as the average person on this forum.  I have 3 examples of such people in my office right now.  I overheard them saying they really hope they get Scott.  I asked them simply what they liked about him and i could immediately tell they didn't really know much.  

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I agree with you completely... But in my opinion, a good % of our fan base isn't as educated on the subject as the average person on this forum.  I have 3 examples of such people in my office right now.  I overheard them saying they really hope they get Scott.  I asked them simply what they liked about him and i could immediately tell they didn't really know much.  

I'm am 100% perfectly fine with that and completely welcome it.  This fan base needs something that brings us all together.  If everyone from the well informed fan to the geek at the water cooler who doesn't know what a right guard is is sold on Frost....then GREAT!!!!!

Everyone should be fostering that.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

How many division, conference, or national championships has Harbaugh coached in since coming to Michigan?  Same number as Mike Riley.  We only care about 10-3 because it's better than 4-8 or whatever we end up with.

Plus you can't dissect the parallel by division.  The parallel is 10-3 with 3rd place finishes in 3 straight years.  So the answer is no.  I do not want that parallel.  I want better.

Im with you on this one. You dont pay $7 million for 10 wins. If you are paying $7 million you are buying national titles. I would be pretty disappointed after 3 years if I bought national titles and I havnt even gotten a conference title yet. Or even a division title for that matter.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

Thanks again. I've only gotten through about 100 pages so far. I'm sure there's another 2 or 3 posts in the last 40 pages. :bang

There do seem to be more rumors going about now, but many are repetitive or get at slightly different angles. The long story is we still don't know what's going on, but the timeline has been fascinating. 

Do we have some betting odds on if this coaching search will be over before @Huskerzoo can archive every rumor?

Also for those who say "who has frost beaten" "they are playing a bunch of nobodies" 

To those comments I have "who is UCF"? He is obliterating "like" competition. If he was at Texas pounding these teams no one would be impressed. But he took over a similiar program to what he is competing against and has them playing at a high level. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

My only reservation is will running a spread offense hinder our defense to prepare for teams like Wisconsin and Iowa? It looks like a lot of teams in the AAC run similar (to each other) offenses.

I think Frost would adjust his offense to fit the Big 10 similar to Urban Meyer. He's smart enough to know that his defense can get worn out and broken down if his offense moves too fast. Obviously what he's doing in the AAC makes sense, but I'd see him adjusting for the more physical nature at Nebraska. His offense right now is different from what Kelly ran at Oregon and I think he'd adjust again.

• Plus1 1