** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Two things that have blown my mind in the last 10 minutes.

Reading that there are still people who think Riley returns for year 4. And reading the article that stated if people were worried the decline of UF/Kelly talks meant Kelly may be coming to Nebraska instead of Frost.

Kelly ain't coming to Nebraska.  Not enough smoke on that fire.  But neither was Riley to Nebraska....  I don't know anymore!

6 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Scott played for coaches with a combined 12 Super Bowl Championships and 3 National Championships as Head Coaches.  That doesn't even count their bowl/playoff wins or any championships as assistants.

He may have the single greatest resume for a second year head coach in football history.

Edited by In the Deed the Glory
  • Plus1 1
Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Why?  This one seems more credible than the rest so far.

Twitter has named Gruden as the head coach of Tennessee. Twitter has named Chip Kelly the head coach of UCLA, ASU, Texas AM, Florida. Twitter has named Scott Frost as the head coach of Florida, staying at UCF and Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Oregon State was a great fit for him, and when Nebraska hired him, he was running out of support at OSU.

But he is an incredibly nice man, and besides the results on the field, he's the type of person any university would want representing them.

He is an unbelievable person. 

The first time I met Riley was after a Husker Baseball game in March of 2015. My best friends wife pointed him out as he was walking toward us on that bridge to the east of the baseball stadium . As Riley walked by, I said “Welcome to Lincoln Mike. Good luck this season” and then asked if I could get my picture taken with him. 

Handed my phone to my wife and my buddies wife goes “You’re not going to have Cassie in the picture?” 

Thats when Riley chimed in and said “Get in her Cassie there’s room for all of us!”

Dude is a solid guy and he had me on board with the hire at that moment. It’s a love hate relationship for me. I hate to see him go as a person but love seeing him go because of the lack of progress he had here. 

• Plus1 8

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Twitter has named Gruden as the head coach of Tennessee. Twitter has named Chip Kelly the head coach of UCLA, ASU, Texas AM, Florida. Twitter has named Scott Frost as the head coach of Florida, staying at UCF and Nebraska.

Were any of those twitter predictions made by a journalist with over 20 years experience at a major outlet like sports illustrated and also teaches journalism at a university? Just because any idiot can post on twitter doesn't take away his experience and credentials 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Dewiz said:

He is an unbelievable person. 

The first time I met Riley was after a Husker Baseball game in March of 2015. My best friends wife pointed him out as he was walking toward us on that bridge to the east of the baseball stadium . As Riley walked by, I said “Welcome to Lincoln Mike. Good luck this season” and then asked if I could get my picture taken with him. 

Handed my phone to my wife and my buddies wife goes “You’re not going to have Cassie in the picture?” 

Thats when Riley chimed in and said “Get in her Cassie there’s room for all of us!”

Dude is a solid guy and he had me on board with the hire at that moment. It’s a love hate relationship for me. I hate to see him go as a person but love seeing him go because of the lack of progress he had here. 

Glad to hear it.  No reason to make make this personal.  Guys seems very well liked and respected by his peers.  Just didnt make it here at NU.    

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Were any of those twitter predictions made by a journalist with over 20 years experience at a major outlet like sports illustrated and also teaches journalism at a university? Just because any idiot can post on twitter doesn't take away his experience and credentials 

No, but find it odd that some random national journalist is the one with the source and the one breaking it. At the moment he is the only one. Yes other outlets are picking it up and running with it, but they are simply just either retweeting him or writing an article about his tweet. No one else is jumping on board to validate his tweet, they are just talking about it.