** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, MichiganDad3 said:

I say we offer them a concession. We will give them a coach from a Power 5 conference with over 40 years of coaching experience to replace Frost. We will even pay his salary for the next 4 years.

He's a great guy.  Really nice.  he also can do more with less and really develop guys.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Kiz said:

You guys make good points.  If we are the best fans in college football, let's at least be gracious as we take their coach!

This would be the best approach. 

Something like the Retweet Armageddon the 76ers fans did when they got the #1 pick. 

But the trolls have ruined their fun and our vindication! 

Our upcoming week and a few days.

-Saturday November 18th, Nebraska plays Penn State

-Friday November 24th, Nebraska plays Iowa

-Friday November 24th, UCF plays USF

-Saturday November 25th, Nebraska announces Riley will not return for 2018.

-Monday November 27th, Nebraska announces Scott Frost as their next head coach

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Does anyone else out there want scott frost not just because he will be great for Nebraska for too many reasons to list. But also because it may irk benning just a tad? 

I love his show I just get annoyed he always pushing frost may not come narrative. 

I think Damon does that to generate conversation.  If he is in agreement with everyone else, what interest does that really generate? But if he plays Devil's Advocate then it gets people a little riled up, gets them thinking-generates conversation. That's his job as a radio personality. 

13 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

They are having their best season in years and it's embarrassing that people feel the need to ruin that. If any of those posters are here, would love some insight into why you feel like it's OK to take over their entire board. 

How far we have fallen when we are trolling UCF fans. Sad.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

Benning may not like it but I bet he keeps it off the live radio streams. It would be a bad thing for his career to do anything otherwise. 

No, no no!  Please read my last entry. Damon's job is to increase conversation. He will get more callers to his show by being on the opposite side of the fence than being just another 'sheep in the herd'. That's what makes him interesting!

A woman to whom I am married, I won't mention names, just asked why I have such a hard-on to get Scott Frost.  Help me out here if I forget any reasons.

1.  Our great football program deserves a great coach.

2.  He can build a program.  Look what he has done for UCF in two years.  He has a great history in coaching, even before UCF.  

3.  He can be a great recruiter.  He played in the NFL.  High school kids looking for a college want someone who can get them there.

4.  He's from N.  He gets it.  He understands the program, tradition, fanbase, culture.  He knows how to find the locker room.  His parents live here.

5.  He's a great guy, a good human being.  A family man of faith.  He'll make a good role model for our students and our state.

6.  I believe he has publicly stated that this is his dream job.  I like it when people get to live their dreams.

What else?

1 minute ago, Kiz said:

A woman to whom I am married, I won't mention names, just asked why I have such a hard-on to get Scott Frost.  Help me out here if I forget any reasons.

2.  He can build a program.  Look what he has done for UCF in two years.  He has a great history in coaching, even before UCF.  

3.  He can be a great recruiter.  He played in the NFL.  High school kids looking for a college want someone who can get them there.

4.  He's from N.  He gets it.  He understands the program, tradition, fanbase, culture.  He knows how to find the locker room.  His parents live here.

5.  He's a great guy, a good human being.  A family man of faith.  He'll make a good role model for our students and our state.

6.  I believe he has publicly stated that this is his dream job.  I like it when people get to live their dreams.

What else?

He’s handsome af

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Kiz said:

What else?

He played qb for the 97 National Champion Huskers.  

He has been mentored by some of the best football coaches in football: Osborne, Walsh, Kelly,etc.

Watching the Wisconsin-Michigan game. The excitement on the Wiscy sidelines reminds me of the way the Huskers were when Scott, Jason P., Grant W. played. You didn't see those boys sitting down. They were talking to each other, watching the game progress.  I am SO looking forward to Scott coming home and seeing that kind of Husker passion again!  GBR!

4 hours ago, jessica0 said:

The insider has spoken...

BummerbryAdministrator
Initially offer was $40 million for 6 years. So if we get Frost for 7 years at $35 million that screams TO involvement here. All that extra $ will go for assistants which is TO all the way!!!

Bear in mind that three years ago, Bummerbry was the guy (AFAIK the first) who broke the 'news' that Tressel was coming. He might have some connections, but...

• Plus1 1