** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

39 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Less than a week and the Riley era will be over. Then Scott Frost gets hired. 

This team is going to look a lot different next year. People will be asking "how in the world did Riley do so bad with these same players" since a lot of the same players return. 

IMO - remove Lamar Jackson from the defense and put him at WR. Teach the OL how to actually play the game. Attack the LOS on defense. 

I wouldn't be afraid to try Lamar at QB. Played QB in HS 

15 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Frost said all of the rumors are BS.  It's on ESPN.com's front page.  FTR, the rumor is he will sign with DONU.  7 yrs./35 million.

FFS can we stop with the same repeated thing he said. 

1. What do you expect him to say in that situation? He handled it how every coach in that position handles it.

2. It’s busch league of that reporter to ask that question and put him on the spot. They are looking for him to flat out come out and say “Hey I’m staying here.” Which he won’t do because he won’t or he’s trying to renegotiate his contract.

3. Again that question shouldn’t be asked. It would be like Sip asking Riley if he’s heard the rumors he’s being fired.

Relax.

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Question for someone more versed in legalities. If we fire Riley next Saturday can we officially offer frost immediately after? If so can he officially sign a contract at that point since the job is open or does he have to wait for his season to be done and resign first? 

It is my understanding that we can formally speak to him after the conclusion of the regular season for his team which is black friday. I doubt we announce before his championship game though unless they lose to USF 

10 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

FFS can we stop with the same repeated thing he said. 

1. What do you expect him to say in that situation? He handled it how every coach in that position handles it.

2. It’s busch league of that reporter to ask that question and put him on the spot. They are looking for him to flat out come out and say “Hey I’m staying here.” Which he won’t do because he won’t or he’s trying to renegotiate his contract.

3. Again that question shouldn’t be asked. It would be like Sip asking Riley if he’s heard the rumors he’s being fired.

Relax.

You better watch yourself buddy! I know a few people who think prettt highly of the particular brew around here.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, jessica0 said:

Less than a week and the Riley era will be over. Then Scott Frost gets hired. 

This team is going to look a lot different next year. People will be asking "how in the world did Riley do so bad with these same players" since a lot of the same players return. 

IMO - remove Lamar Jackson from the defense and put him at WR. Teach the OL how to actually play the game. Attack the LOS on defense. 

Totally agree with that...you are Scott Frost aren't you