** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

For the people asking for the legalize on hiring Scott Frost.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and I've never lived in Nebraska.

I'm almost positive Nebraska does not have a mandatory waiting period. Nebraska has changed head coaches three times since 2003. We'd remember if Nebraska had to wait X amount of days to officially hire someone.

If I'm wrong and there is a waiting period, then it's only three or four days. Either way, it isn't going to be an issue in hiring a new head coach.

Also, a waiting period was never discussed for the recently-filled job as AD.

I'm not going to pretend I read every single piece of Nebraska news. But between the Lincoln Journal Star, the Omaha World Herald, the Rivals guys, the 247 guys, and everyone on this message board, I think someone would have mentioned a definitive waiting period if there was one.

I've forgotten which Nebraska media guy was tweeting it, but he said by the sounds of how Riley talks, he thinks Riley truly believes he is back next year. Reason I bring it up is because I've read in here and have believed that Riley has told he is not returning but decided to coach the remaining games.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

I've forgotten which Nebraska media guy was tweeting it, but he said by the sounds of how Riley talks, he thinks Riley truly believes he is back next year. Reason I bring it up is because I've read in here and have believed that Riley has told he is not returning but decided to coach the remaining games.

Severe had a couple tweets on it.

I haven't listened for myself but my guess would be there's really nothing else for Riley to say.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Severe had a couple tweets on it.

I haven't listened for myself but my guess would be there's really nothing else for Riley to say.

I listened to the entire thing, I heard the exact opposite. He talked about what he would like to do after this it sounded like. He looked like a guy that knew what was coming 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I listened to the entire thing, I heard the exact opposite. He talked about what he would like to do after this it sounded like. He looked like a guy that knew what was coming 

Thats what I said in the other thread. He's retrospective on players and himself. He's not a guy figuring out how to turn it around next year. There's a shift in tone when he talks about individual players, like he's not going to see them anymore. He talks about specific parts of his job that he likes, what he wants to do.

I don't know where Severe is coming from. I couldn't disagree more.

• Plus1 1

I can't see the video but does he go on to give praise to Nebraska fans or is it complete annoyance and he ends it at that?

I mean I get being annoyed you have to stay focused on a great historic season, keep your players, coaches, and even yourself focused on the rest of the season as you chase perfection.

now the other sides season is done and has been done for a month and the most exciting part of our season comes when the games are all over and everyone enters the off season, and we want a Nebraskan to come back and try and save this program.

Given how passionate our fan base is, which has be our curse, yet our greatest positive and only reason for current relevance, this is what happens when the elephant in the room isn't just answered with an official announcement.

yes I get its not how work is done, but anyone else think it's possible Frost and UCF would be more focused and have less distractions, such as NU fans at his games waving signs, if NU came out announced Riley would not be returning and Frost announce he's the next NU head coach and would be finishing out the entire season and bowl game with UCF? This of course if rumors are true Frost is close to a done deal with Nebraska.

56 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I can't see the video but does he go on to give praise to Nebraska fans or is it complete annoyance and he ends it at that?

I mean I get being annoyed you have to stay focused on a great historic season, keep your players, coaches, and even yourself focused on the rest of the season as you chase perfection.

now the other sides season is done and has been done for a month and the most exciting part of our season comes when the games are all over and everyone enters the off season, and we want a Nebraskan to come back and try and save this program.

Given how passionate our fan base is, which has be our curse, yet our greatest positive and only reason for current relevance, this is what happens when the elephant in the room isn't just answered with an official announcement.

yes I get its not how work is done, but anyone else think it's possible Frost and UCF would be more focused and have less distractions, such as NU fans at his games waving signs, if NU came out announced Riley would not be returning and Frost announce he's the next NU head coach and would be finishing out the entire season and bowl game with UCF? This of course if rumors are true Frost is close to a done deal with Nebraska.

He said that's just how Nebraska fans are and told a story about Osborne signing autographs.  He said it didn't distract him.  I think people are reading too much into it.  He really didn't dog the fans for being there.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, MacNCheeze said:

hummmmm he seems more annoyed than anything.

He should be, he still has a job to do. This kind of behavior is creepy and obnoxious. Seriously, people need to get lives, probably doing more harm than good. I wish the stalkers would leave him alone, let the pros handle the work, go follow some celebrity around and take pictures. You’re going to scare him off

• Plus1 3