** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

There was talk about promoting the DC earlier in the season, but that talk has died down as the defense has gotten less consistent. No one is talking about the possibility that Frost leaves and takes the staff with him. 

No one at UCF thinks we'll get in, even if everything bounces the right way. If we finish the season undefeated, it would be difficult for them to rationalize keeping us out next year. That's our only (slim) hope. 

Really really hurt this year not playing the GaTech game.  It's a shame that couldn't have been played instead of the Austin Peay game. That could have been a big resume booster.  

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Since it's all entertainment ,......I could see a big push for a non-P5 team in the playoffs, to show it's not rigged, and assuming UCF wins out they could be that team to break the glass ceiling.

Anyone who thinks its not rigged towards P5 schools is kidding themselves. I actually dont think anyone even tries to act like it isnt. Only way team like UCF gets in is if theyre undefeated and there has to be a lot of 2-3 loss teams.

8 minutes ago, C N Red said:

Anyone who thinks its not rigged towards P5 schools is kidding themselves. I actually dont think anyone even tries to act like it isnt. Only way team like UCF gets in is if theyre undefeated and there has to be a lot of 2-3 loss teams.

Havent the other non P5 schools been trying to create almost their own league to determine their own champion because of the difficulty to get into the playoffs?

Yeah it's definitely rigged. If anything I expect media folks and playoff-committee to start pushing for an 8-team playoff before pushing for the UCFs and Boise State's of the world to be included in the current system.... Which would be fun for Vegas, but even more unfair to the smaller schools who happen to put a good season together.

Edited by Oade

1 hour ago, ATS Knight said:

I'm a UCF fan that has been lurking on this board for several weeks. I usually lurk on the UCF & AAC boards as well. You can think I'm something else if you would like. A few things I thought would be helpful to share:

1) I'm from the East Coast, but I have always had an appreciation for people from the midwest, and y'all have one of the most reasonable, polite fanbases I've ever seen. I really wish that UCF had cooler headed fans and boards like this one. UCF fans still hate Louisville and others because of their fans and yours have been pretty level-headed and fantastic.

2) The main reasons why there is so much Nebraska hate on the UCF board is because UCF fans are afraid of losing our coach and being reactive to the Nebraska fans that have shown up. There haven't been many and they haven't been that bad, but the Rivals board is usually unmoderated and it only takes a few trolls and a few posts to prompt reactive posts much later.

3) TY for being kind to the UCF fanbase. Our fans are pretty young. I'm in my 30s and there weren't a lot of non-Miami, UF, FSU fans on campus when I was there. We are just building up the main core of our fanbase, so there aren't a lot of older fans to talk sense. 

4) Most of us know that Frost is probably gone. Ignoring the Chip Kelly rumors, UF and Nebraska seem equally possible. UF has a lot of the advantages of UCF and then some and Nebraska is home. A lot of UCF fans don't understand the concept of home, so they attack the weather and lack of theme parks in the hope that Frost doesn't understand it either. I'm not convinced. I lived in the midwest a couple years and I understand the urge to go back, despite the weather. And I'm not even from there.

5) UCF is not a bad job, but our best hope is in Frost's hatred. We hope that he hates living in a fishbowl and remembers the boos and sees Nebraska fans trying to recruit him and wonders how long he could be there before they start recruiting the next guy. We hope that he loves being anonymous in Orlando, loves recruiting in his backyard, and loves the weather. 

6) Many of us are aware of the fact that he has not denied anything. If he wasn't looking, he would say so. Only a handful are delusional enough to think that he's not looking around and is too inept to know how to say "I'm at UCF next year".

TL;DR: Y'all are nice, UCF fans are young, Frost is probably gone, we're not sure when. 

Welcome to the board.  Regardless of the outcome, I hope you stick around.  Always good to have other fans views.

I've been a fan of NU for quite some time.  I've seen the ultimate highs and the current lowest of lows.  

If you've never lived in Nebraska, the Huskers are hard to explain. The Huskers define Nebraska and Nebraskan's.  It's the only game in town. No competing colleges, no pro sports, nada.  We have the college world series and that's it. Frost is one of us.  A native son, the prodigal son returning home.  Y'all like him as he has got your program turned around.  We want the same.  Our last great year was with him at the helm.  He, more than any current coach available understands the fishbowl, the culture and the pressure that at times, could crush a diamond.   Most, myself included, see him as the guy who can get us back.  He has a long, storied, tumultuous and glorious history as a Husker.  Something a lot of UCF fans might have heard about, but only recently.  Twenty plus years after the events.  Many fans on this board remember his recruiting, going to Stanford, booing at ASU, booing when he came back and then cheering for him when he had one of the most impassioned speeches after beating UT.....and balled out like nobodies business.  He played angry, with an edge (for 2 years).  He has been the goat and the GOAT...  The fans at NU are knowledgeable, passionate and will defend NU, Nebraska and Frost.  It's simply what we do.  

I have a good friend who is a UCF grad.  We talk about Frost and only now is he realizing what a phenomenal "get" Frost was.  from his college days, experience in the NFL, coaching tree and coaching experience.  Again, many on this board, myself included wanted him hired when Pelini was fired.  Wanting him home is nothing new.  In fact, one theory was Riley was simply hired to be the bridge as the anti-Bo until such time we could offer Frost.  The implosion if this season, sped that timeline up.  

Lastly, a lot of Huskers follow former Huskers and where they are now or programs that run good systems.  I know guys who have Ohio Bobcat gear and have followed UCF since last year.  Folks know how Liberty (Gill) and Campbell (Minter) are doing.  Many can tell you where former Huskers are assistants and give updates in Huskers in the NFL.   Its what this fan base truly is.  Maybe "obsessed" is too strong of a word, but they are passionate and follow their Huskers at every level.  Nothing new.

Best of luck the rest of the season.  Would love to see Frost do well and go out on top this season.

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It would be silly for a mid-major to be included when they play a mid-major schedule.

The entire playoff idea was carried by teams like Boise and Utah going undefeated, and people wanting to see them lined up against the "best" the BCS schools could offer... Now it slanted against the schools that are most deserving of this system.

A two loss osu or psu is not more deserving than an undefeated ucf. They might be better teams, but they aren't more deserving.

Edited by Oade

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It would be silly for a mid-major to be included when they play a mid-major schedule.

Why, because they can't get the top players because it's rigged to force the top players into P5 schools? Then why even be in the same league and carry on this charade?

10 minutes ago, Oade said:

The entire playoff idea was carried by teams like Boise and Utah going undefeated, and people wanting to see them lined up against the "best" the BCS schools could offer... Now it slanted against the schools that are most deserving of this system.

A two loss osu or psu is not more deserving than an undefeated ucf. They might be better teams, but they aren't more deserving.

Isn't the point to have the 4 best teams play to see which is the true best? If you go down that rabbit whole of deserving it will get messy.

27 minutes ago, Oade said:

The idea of the playoff was not to reward the most deserving teams, but rather select the BEST 4 teams to play for the title. Good stories aren’t the focus, team quality is. 

• Plus1 1